Access class from deployed rar module

Genc, Ömer

Hey there,

Is there a way to access classes which are inside of a rar module?

Here is the structure of the ear, when deployed to Geronimo:

Ear

----ActiveMQ.rar

-------- activemqXXX*.jar

-------- activemqYYY*.jar

-------- ….

----MyEjb.jar

----MyWeb.war

I would like to access the classes in the rar module from within the MyEjb.jar.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Cheers,

Re: Access class from deployed rar module

frank.pientka

if you don't want to deploy your resource-archive system wide outside your ear.app you have to reference it in the geronimo-application.xml or Application-scoped

Inside your EAR in the META-INF/geronimo-application.xml

But why not just reference module org.apache.geronimo.configs/activemq-ra/3.0.1/car in your config.xml file

frank

Hey there,

Is there a way to access classes which are inside of a rar module?

Here is the structure of the ear, when deployed to Geronimo:

Ear

----ActiveMQ.rar

-------- activemqXXX*.jar

-------- activemqYYY*.jar

-------- ….

----MyEjb.jar

----MyWeb.war

I would like to access the classes in the rar module from within the MyEjb.jar.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Cheers,

AW: Access class from deployed rar module

Genc, Ömer

Hey,

this is what i am already doing. I have a reference of the the activemq resource-archive-system in my application.xml and the deployment plan for this rar in my geronimo-application.xml. However, I am still not able to use classes  from the rar module in my ejb project. I am using eclipse for development and I am getting erros when trying to import classes from activemq, also the rar module is deployed with the same ear, where the MyEjb.jar lies.

So do I need to explicitly import the activemq packages?

Thanks