Axis WS integration

Stefan Schmidt-25
Hi,

I am currently evaluating Geronimo and build the latest Geronimo from CVS with Maven. My questions:

What is the current status of WS integration into Geronimo?

I can see the repository/axis folder and assume it is integrated as a module. In the Wiki there is a short (and obsolete) tutorial (http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/HowToAxisGeronimo) explaining the deployment of Axis as an (external) Web application. Is this the intended way to use WS in Geronimo?

Is there any information about how to expose EJB's as a WS?

Thanks!!

Stefan

Re: Axis WS integration

David Jencks

On Jun 3, 2005, at 1:40 AM, Stefan Schmidt wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I am currently evaluating Geronimo and build the latest Geronimo from
> CVS with Maven. My questions:
>
>  What is the current status of WS integration into Geronimo?

It mostly works.  I think there are some problems with not detecting if
you change a message in the handler chain.

>  I can see the repository/axis folder and assume it is integrated as a
> module. In the Wiki there is a short (and obsolete) tutorial
> (http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/HowToAxisGeronimo) explaining the
> deployment of Axis as an (external) Web application. Is this the
> intended way to use WS in Geronimo?

Not at all.  We only implement the j2ee web services stuff, which seems
to be somewhat different to how axis is used standalone.

>  Is there any information about how to expose EJB's as a WS?

Basically we follow the ewebsvcs-mr-1_1 spec.  We do essentially no
default mappings if you use a heavyweight jaxrpc-mapping file, so you
will need a very complete jaxrpc-mapping file.  If you don't need
security and your wsdl file is complete and shows the url where you
want the ws to appear (you don't need the host/port to be accurate)
then you don't need any info in the openejb plan.

You can also include:
(server side)
overriden url
transport guarantees

(client side)
overriden url
configuration of user/pw to log in as

I would try to get your ws running without security first, but ask if
you want more info on how to set these additional configuration options
up.  We definitely need to document this...

Hope this gets you started, please ask if you run into problems.  The
IRC channel may also be useful #geronimo on irc.freenode.net