Connection Pooling for JDBC (MySQL)

Ben Lindahl

Hi all,

I’m trying to use ActiveMQ, which runs inside of Geronimo, using the MySQL database (with Connector/J) for message persistence.  Can anyone point me to how to configure Connector/J’s connection pooling with Geronimo?

Thanks in advance.

- Ben

Re: Connection Pooling for JDBC (MySQL)

David Jencks
roughly speaking you should be able to modify the default-database-plan
by
--changing the dependencies to point to the mysql driver jar (and any
others it may need)
--changing the driver class
--changing the url

and deploy it like it's deployed in assembly's maven.xml

don't have much time now... may be able to provide better instructions
later.

On May 5, 2005, at 10:25 AM, Ben Lindahl wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I’m trying to use ActiveMQ, which runs inside of Geronimo, using the
> MySQL database (with Connector/J) for message persistence.  Can anyone
> point me to how to configure Connector/J’s connection pooling with
> Geronimo?
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> - Ben

Re: Connection Pooling for JDBC (MySQL)

Katia Aresti Gonzalez

Hi!

What for do you need mysql pool? what do you want to do with it? I have deployed mysql pool and used it from a web app, but think icould use it for other applications... If you tell me more, i might be able to help. :-), and what do you have alredy done

Katia

>From: David Jencks <[hidden email]>
>To: [hidden email]
>Subject: Re: Connection Pooling for JDBC (MySQL)
>Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 13:04:38 -0700
>
>roughly speaking you should be able to modify the
>default-database-plan by
>--changing the dependencies to point to the mysql driver jar (and
>any others it may need)
>--changing the driver class
>--changing the url
>
>and deploy it like it's deployed in assembly's maven.xml
>
>don't have much time now... may be able to provide better
>instructions later.
>
>thanks
>david jencks
>
>On May 5, 2005, at 10:25 AM, Ben Lindahl wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>

>>I?m trying to use ActiveMQ, which runs inside of Geronimo, using
>>the MySQL database (with Connector/J) for message persistence.  Can
>>anyone point me to how to configure Connector/J?s connection
>>pooling with Geronimo?
>>

>>Thanks in advance.
>>

>>- Ben

Acepta el reto MSN Premium: Env?a hasta 500 megas diarios de fotos desde Hotmail. Desc?rgalo y pru?balo 2 meses gratis.