Fork some of our MP impls

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi everyone,

After some years of MP I think it is not a safe enough technology for long term applications - i.e. maintained and evolved, not just developed for 6 months.
The main drawback is that it changes and breaks too often and from my understanding it is not likely about to change (what I understood is it will likely be worse and can even import vendor/library API in the spec API as it had been done for tracing one).

The most common requirements are, IMHO:

1. health
2. metrics (gauge+counter+openmetrics exporter, others are fancy things)
3. tracing

maybe jwt-auth even if less sure.

Therefore I wonder if we want to fork our own MP impl to provide these 3 specs simplified versions with a stable API.
I envision a single repo with the 3 api/impl.

wdyt?

Re: Fork some of our MP impls

Francois Papon

Hi Romain,

I think the config spec is interesting and could be add to the list.

regards,

François
[hidden email]