Geronimo 3.0.0 - Unable to use JMXMP within a resource adapter

Geronimo 3.0.0 - Unable to use JMXMP within a resource adapter

lolo4j
Hello,

I have deployed a resource adapter as a standalone module in Gernimo 3.0.
The resource adapter attempts to connect to a remote JMX server via the JMXMP remote connector, and raises the following exception:

2013-06-30 11:12:20,599 [DEBUG][org.jppf.management.JMXConnectionThread.run(88)]: 192.168.1.14:11191 JMX URL = service:jmx:jmxmp://192.168.1.14:11191
java.net.MalformedURLException: Unsupported protocol: jmxmp
  at javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.newJMXConnector(JMXConnectorFactory.java:356)
  at javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFactory.java:266)
  at org.jppf.management.JMXConnectionWrapper.performConnection(JMXConnectionWrapper.java:227)
  at org.jppf.management.JMXConnectionThread.run(JMXConnectionThread.java:81)
  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

I have "jmxremote_optional-1.0_01-ea.jar" incuded at the root of the deployed .rar file. I also checked that the connection via JMXMP to the same remote JMX server works properly from a standalone java client (using the same code as the ra to connect).

I can also successfully use the resource adaper from a test web application deployed in the same Geronimo server. It's just that any operation that requires the JMX connection will fail.

I'm attaching the geronimo-ra.xml that I use, in the hope it will help.

Would anyone have a pointer as to what I am missing?

Thanks a lot for your time,
-Laurent

geronimo-ra.xml