Geronimo Javamail wrong mail validation

amergey
Hello,

Hope this is the right list for Geronimo Javamail.

Switching from Oracle Javamail to Geronimo Javamail implementation, I noticed a different behavior with my code.

<code>new javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress("a",true);</code>

fails throwing AddressException with Oracle JDK but succeed in Geronimo Javamail, validate() on this address succeed as well, it seems to be a bug to me am I right ?

Re: Geronimo Javamail wrong mail validation

Hendrik Dev
Seems like a bug, can you file a jira for this?

Not direct related but here is some discussion about "rfc822 strictness":
https://java.net/projects/javamail/forums/forum/topics/160807-strict-or-non-strict-parsing-and-RFC-compliance

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 11:46 AM, amergey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Hope this is the right list for Geronimo Javamail.
>
> Switching from Oracle Javamail to Geronimo Javamail implementation, I
> noticed a different behavior with my code.
>
> <code>new javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress("a",true);</code>
>
> fails throwing AddressException with Oracle JDK but succeed in Geronimo
> Javamail, validate() on this address succeed as well, it seems to be a bug
> to me am I right ?

Hendrik Saly (salyh, hendrikdev22)
@hendrikdev22
PGP: 0x22D7F6EC

Re: Geronimo Javamail wrong mail validation

amergey

Re: Geronimo Javamail wrong mail validation

Mark Struberg
hi amergey!

Thanks for the report.
@Hendrik are you fit in this area and like to probably take a look yourself?
Of course I could help a bit but I'm not as good at javamail (didn't even look at the sources for a loooong time). Maybe Romain might help you as well. Just check us out on IRC in #openwebbeans or #openejb for example if you need a quick answer.

Otherwise just reply on the list ;)

txs and LieGrue,
strub

see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-6533?focusedCommentId=14176155&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14176155