Geronimo support for Eclipse Web Tools?

Dain Sundstrom
Has anyone tried the Geronimo support for Eclipse Web Tools (http://
www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/news/geronimo.html)?

I would appreciate and I'm sure the web tools team would appreciate
any feedback we can give this. I think having great tooling like this
will really help drive the adoption of Geronimo.  So, please try it
out and let us know what you think.  Hopefully, in the long run we
can have a bit of cross pollination between the Eclipse and Geronimo
communities :)

-dain

Re: Geronimo support for Eclipse Web Tools?

Jeff Genender
"Cross pollination"...interesting set of terms.  This evokes some really
bad thoughts ;-)

Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> Has anyone tried the Geronimo support for Eclipse Web Tools (http://
> www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/news/geronimo.html)?
>
> I would appreciate and I'm sure the web tools team would appreciate  any
> feedback we can give this. I think having great tooling like this  will
> really help drive the adoption of Geronimo.  So, please try it  out and
> let us know what you think.  Hopefully, in the long run we  can have a
> bit of cross pollination between the Eclipse and Geronimo  communities :)
>
> -dain

Re: Geronimo support for Eclipse Web Tools?

Dain Sundstrom
LOL

-dain

On Jun 2, 2005, at 2:07 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> Has anyone tried the Geronimo support for Eclipse Web Tools (http://
> www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/news/geronimo.html)?
>
> I would appreciate and I'm sure the web tools team would appreciate
> any feedback we can give this. I think having great tooling like
> this will really help drive the adoption of Geronimo.  So, please
> try it out and let us know what you think.  Hopefully, in the long
> run we can have a bit of cross pollination between the Eclipse and
> Geronimo communities :)

After reading this over again it just "reeks" of IBMness, and as most
of you know I'm a now an IBM employee.  So to be extra careful to not
give people the wrong impression....  What I'm really concerned about
is that the tool is being developed without the involvement of the
Geronimo community itself, so we may end up with "the geronimo tool"
that none of us want to use.  Unless we get involved we will get what
they give us.

BTW, I use IntelliJ so I really haven't tried it myself :)

-dain

Re: Geronimo support for Eclipse Web Tools?

Whitlock, Jeremy    x66075
Re: Geronimo support for Eclipse Web Tools?

Geronimo-Dev,
        I am currently working on the Weblogic support for WTP and so I have been in close contact with the WTP developers.  I will see what information I can get and will also see if we can get some Geronimo Developers involved or at least get our concerns and ideas in front of the right people.  If this does come to fruition, I would love to be involved with the WTP support for Geronimo.  I'll update you with any information I get.  Take care,

Jeremy Whitlock
ADP/SIS - Programmer Analyst
4725 Independence Street
Wheat Ridge, CO 80033