Installing the geronimo eclipse plugin

arcy
I am attempting to follow an online tutorial that instructs me to use Apache Geronimo, eclipse, and OpenJPA jars.  When I attempt to add a Geronimo v2.2 Server Adapter to my (Helios) eclipse, as indicated, I get a message "Missing requirement: Geronimo v2.2 Server Adapter 2.2.1 (org.apache.geronimo.v22.feature,feature.group 2.2.1) requires 'org.apache.geronimo.st.core [2.2.1]' but it could not be found.

I've been trying to figure out what I should download and where I should put it, without success.  Several of the links on the apache site that purport to lead to downloads of things for v2.2 are broken.

Does someone happen to know whether I've got version problems, or where I can get the things I need for this installation?  I am not using Maven, and would rather not have to backtrack to concoct a Maven project for doing my sample project if I can help it.

Re: Installing the geronimo eclipse plugin

Johannes Weberhofer
Am 14.02.15 um 04:50 schrieb arcy:

> I am attempting to follow an online tutorial that instructs me to use Apache
> Geronimo, eclipse, and OpenJPA jars.  When I attempt to add a Geronimo v2.2
> Server Adapter to my (Helios) eclipse, as indicated, I get a message
> "Missing requirement: Geronimo v2.2 Server Adapter 2.2.1
> (org.apache.geronimo.v22.feature,feature.group 2.2.1) requires
> 'org.apache.geronimo.st.core [2.2.1]' but it could not be found.
>
> I've been trying to figure out what I should download and where I should put
> it, without success.  Several of the links on the apache site that purport
> to lead to downloads of things for v2.2 are broken.
>
> Does someone happen to know whether I've got version problems, or where I
> can get the things I need for this installation?  I am not using Maven, and
> would rather not have to backtrack to concoct a Maven project for doing my
> sample project if I can help it.

Use Geronimo 3 plugin. This contains all connectors to all previous plugins and works with all recent Eclipse versions.

Best regards,
Johannes
--
Johannes Weberhofer