Is JWT Auth Portable?

John D. Ament
I saw that the JWT Auth project only uses OWB and Meecrowave.  It does not have tests against Weld, which makes me think its not portable.  Why is it a part of Geronimo then?

Re: Is JWT Auth Portable?

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi John,

Meecrowave and OWB (this one just set until next Meecrowave is upgraded due to an OWB bug) are in scope *test*.
There is nothing linked to them in the impl and got some feedback it works on any server implementing CDI (AFAIK it runs on weld and TomEE 8 OOTB, didnt test others).

I saw that the JWT Auth project only uses OWB and Meecrowave.  It does not have tests against Weld, which makes me think its not portable.  Why is it a part of Geronimo then?

I saw that the JWT Auth project only uses OWB and Meecrowave.  It does not have tests against Weld, which makes me think its not portable.  Why is it a part of Geronimo then?

Re: Is JWT Auth Portable?

Romain Manni-Bucau
We don't test it right.

Originally I didn't want to go through N modules for that or N profiles we or contributors forget to run.

Have in my TODO list an item to add the ability to use one dependency set per execution to surefire (I think today you need to list all artifacts cause it is not transitive to add classpath elements)  but never found time to tackle this one. Can be a nice way to solve that issue. Also happy to get help on that coverage.