Java One?

Jeff Genender
Its getting close to the big event...

Should we be thinking about a small Geronimo get-together for some beers?

I hear the IBM guys are celebrating by buying a night of libations (j/k)!

It would be great to meet everyone.

Should we plan a place and meeting time?

Jeff

Re: Java One?

Geir Magnusson Jr.

On May 28, 2005, at 1:43 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:

> Its getting close to the big event...
>
> Should we be thinking about a small Geronimo get-together for some
> beers?

How about a big Geronimo get together for some beers?

I'm in.

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr                                  +1-203-665-6437

Re: Java One?

Alan Cabrera

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote, On 5/28/2005 5:32 PM:

> On May 28, 2005, at 1:43 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:
>
>> Its getting close to the big event...
>>
>> Should we be thinking about a small Geronimo get-together for some
>> beers?
>>

> How about a big Geronimo get together for some beers?
>
> I'm in.

I shall be there too!

Regards,
Alan

Re: Java One?

Bruce Snyder
On 5/29/05, Alan D. Cabrera <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote, On 5/28/2005 5:32 PM:
>

> > On May 28, 2005, at 1:43 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:
> >
> >> Its getting close to the big event...
> >>
> >> Should we be thinking about a small Geronimo get-together for some
> >> beers?
> >>

> > How about a big Geronimo get together for some beers?

I'll be there too.

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo
http://geronimo.apache.org/

Re: Java One?

ammulder
        How about a coding/planning meeting on Saturday or Sunday?  Not
that there's anything wrong with beers, but if a lot of us are going to be
there, perhaps we can do more.

Aaorn

On Sun, 29 May 2005, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote, On 5/28/2005 5:32 PM:
>

> > On May 28, 2005, at 1:43 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:
> >
> >> Its getting close to the big event...
> >>
> >> Should we be thinking about a small Geronimo get-together for some
> >> beers?
> >>

> > How about a big Geronimo get together for some beers?
> >
> > I'm in.
>
> I shall be there too!
>

> Regards,
> Alan

Re: Java One?

Jeff Genender
-1 on Saturday.

+1 on Sunday.  I get in Sunday.

+1 on Beers + Coding ;-)

Aaron Mulder wrote:

> How about a coding/planning meeting on Saturday or Sunday?  Not
> that there's anything wrong with beers, but if a lot of us are going to be
> there, perhaps we can do more.
>
> Aaorn
>
> On Sun, 29 May 2005, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>

>>Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote, On 5/28/2005 5:32 PM:

>>>How about a big Geronimo get together for some beers?
>>>
>>>I'm in.
>>
>>I shall be there too!
>>

>>Regards,
>>Alan

Re: Java One?

Alan Cabrera
My exile to the bay area will be complete by then and so I can hook up
any time people would like.

Regards,
Alan

Jeff Genender wrote, On 5/29/2005 6:46 PM:

> -1 on Saturday.
>
> +1 on Sunday.  I get in Sunday.
>
> +1 on Beers + Coding ;-)
>
> Aaron Mulder wrote:
>
>>     How about a coding/planning meeting on Saturday or Sunday?  Not
>> that there's anything wrong with beers, but if a lot of us are going
>> to be there, perhaps we can do more.
>>
>> Aaorn

>>> I shall be there too!
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Alan

Re: Java One?

Geir Magnusson Jr.
We should try to get formal BOF if not too late, and an informal one
otherwise nearby.

However, given that JavaOne isn't universally attended anymore, I
want to be careful that we don't engage in decision making where
everyone can't attend.  I suppose that we can certainly hash out some
ideas and float on the dev list for comment...

geir

On May 29, 2005, at 6:46 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:

> -1 on Saturday.
>
> +1 on Sunday.  I get in Sunday.

The only issue on Sunday is that we have "J2EE Licensee Day" that
afternoon, and I assume that many doing the J2EE certification work
will wish to attend that.  I suppose we can shoot for later in the
evening...

> +1 on Beers + Coding ;-)

Thank goodness for version control...

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr                                  +1-203-665-6437

Re: Java One?

Dain Sundstrom
On May 30, 2005, at 11:13 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On May 29, 2005, at 6:46 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:
>
>> -1 on Saturday.
>>
>> +1 on Sunday.  I get in Sunday.
>>

> The only issue on Sunday is that we have "J2EE Licensee Day" that
> afternoon, and I assume that many doing the J2EE certification work
> will wish to attend that.  I suppose we can shoot for later in the
> evening...

Considering how useless last year's licensee day was, I don't plan on
going.  Do they have something interesting planned for this year?

-dain

Re: Java One?

Geir Magnusson Jr.

On May 30, 2005, at 4:49 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> On May 30, 2005, at 11:13 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>

>> On May 29, 2005, at 6:46 PM, Jeff Genender wrote:
>>

>>> -1 on Saturday.
>>>
>>> +1 on Sunday.  I get in Sunday.
>>>

>> The only issue on Sunday is that we have "J2EE Licensee Day" that
>> afternoon, and I assume that many doing the J2EE certification
>> work will wish to attend that.  I suppose we can shoot for later
>> in the evening...
>>

> Considering how useless last year's licensee day was, I don't plan
> on going.  Do they have something interesting planned for this year?

I have no way of knowing.  I'd suspect that it's going to be more of
the same, with the addition of a riveting discussion about brand and
naming changes.  Hopefully, there's going to be more detailed
discussion of EJB3 as well.

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr                                  +1-203-665-6437
[hidden email]