LifecycleException on startup after server crash

LifecycleException on startup after server crash

Genc, Ömer

Hey there,

i am having problems with deploying my artifacts on geronimo server after the server crashed.

I am using Geronimo 3.0.1. When starting with a fresh geronimo installation, my ear can be deployed and works correctly.

However, if the module is already deployed on the server and the server crashes, the server has problems starting up again.

The reason for this is my ear. On startup the server fails with the following exception, while trying to load my ear:

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: load of TEST/com.name.ear/1.0/ear failed

       at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:316)

       at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.EmbeddedDaemon.doStartup(EmbeddedDaemon.java:234)

       at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.EmbeddedDaemon.execute(EmbeddedDaemon.java:94)

       at org.apache.geronimo.system.osgi.BootActivator$1.execute(BootActivator.java:107)

       at org.apache.geronimo.main.Bootstrapper.start(Bootstrapper.java:88)

       at org.apache.geronimo.main.Bootstrapper.execute(Bootstrapper.java:61)

       at org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:65)

       at org.apache.geronimo.cli.daemon.DaemonCLI.main(DaemonCLI.java:33)

Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle " TEST.com.name.ear_1.0.0 [378]" could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Import-Package: org.osgi.service.prefs; version="[1.1.1,1.1.1]"

       at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolverError(AbstractBundle.java:1327)

       at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolutionFailureException(AbstractBundle.java:1311)

       at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:323)

       at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:299)

       at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:311)

       ... 7 more

Restarting the server does not solve the problem. The only way to solve this is to manually delete the artifact from the repository using the command line or the file system.

However, this is a no-op for me. Can anyone give me an advice, where to look and why the server has problems loading my ear on startup?

Thanks in advance,

Oemer

Re: LifecycleException on startup after server crash

Kevin Huntly

I don't know if anyone has responded yet... when it crashes and then the ear fails, what causes the crash? Any exceptions?

It looks to me like Geronimo may have a bad cache following the event and that's what's causing the break, but I'm not sure. I've seen it happen on websphere, although with obviously different messages. Tomcat also gives me problems like this, where if there is an issue it will simply delete the entire war file and any related contents.

Kevin Huntly
79 Aurora Drive
Cheektowaga, NY 14215
Email: [hidden email]
Cell: (716) 341-5669
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/kevinhuntly

On Jan 23, 2015 3:57 AM, "Genc, Ömer" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Oemer

Best Regards
Gary

AW: LifecycleException on startup after server crash

Genc, Ömer

Hey,

i solved that problem. The issue is related to activemq, at least in my case. When deploying my artifact I used a custom deployment plan for the resource adapter, in which I configured my activemq broker. The –schedulersupport- for this broker must be disabled.

See this thread for more information:

http://apache-geronimo.328035.n3.nabble.com/Problem-starting-geronimo-ActiveMQ-td1563093.html

Be aware that you might have to change it  at two different places, first in the deployment plan you might use to deploy your artifact and second in the global activemq configuration of Geronimo. I missed the config in my deployment plan.

In my case the deployment plan containing the configuration of the resource adapter of the broker looks something like this:

<conn:resourceadapter-instance>

                                  <conn:resourceadapter-name>jms/config/resources</conn:resourceadapter-name>

                                  <conn:config-property-setting name="ServerUrl">vm:broker:/DefaultActiveMQBroker?broker.create=yes&amp;broker.schedulerSupport=false&amp;broker.useShutdownHook=false&amp;async=false&amp;network=true&amp;jms.watchTopicAdvisories=false&amp;jms.copyMessageOnSend=false&amp;jms.persistent=false</conn:config-property-setting>

                           </conn:resourceadapter-instance>

Note the -broker.schedulerSupport=false- setting.

The global activemq configuration can be found in $GERONIMO_HOME/repository/org/apache/Geronimo/configs/activemq-broker-blueprint/3.0.1/activemq-broker-blueprint-3.0.1.car/OSGI-INF/blueprint

Maybe it helps somebody.

Cheers,

Oemer

Gary