Market Share / Best of Breed : J2EE, .NET, COBOL, etc

Market Share / Best of Breed : J2EE, .NET, COBOL, etc

Michael McGrady
Does anyone have any good sources on market share, best of breed
analyses, etc. on J2EE, .NET, COBOL, etc.?  Thanks ahead of time for
any help.

Re: Market Share / Best of Breed : J2EE, .NET, COBOL, etc

Eugene Navitaniuc
Michael McGrady wrote:

>Does anyone have any good sources on market share, best of breed
>analyses, etc. on J2EE, .NET, COBOL, etc.?  Thanks ahead of time for
>any help.

I would be more interested in knowing what will be this share in a more
long term around 2-4 years
Does it respond your question? ;)

--------
Best regards,
Eugene

Re: Market Share / Best of Breed : J2EE, .NET, COBOL, etc

Michael McGrady
Thanks, Eugene.  But, I need the current data.  I agree that the
future would be good to know.

On 6/21/05, Eugene Navitaniuc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Michael McGrady wrote:
>
> >Does anyone have any good sources on market share, best of breed
> >analyses, etc. on J2EE, .NET, COBOL, etc.?  Thanks ahead of time for
> >any help.
> >

> I would be more interested in knowing what will be this share in a more
> long term around 2-4 years
> Does it respond your question? ;)
>
> --------
> Best regards,
> Eugene

Re: Market Share / Best of Breed : J2EE, .NET, COBOL, etc

Calvin Austin
Evans data publishes a survey and trend analysis based on a survey of
developers.You have to pay for the full report but they often publish
summary information in the media.

regards
calvin

Michael McGrady wrote:

>Does anyone have any good sources on market share, best of breed
>analyses, etc. on J2EE, .NET, COBOL, etc.?  Thanks ahead of time for
>any help.

Re: Market Share / Best of Breed : J2EE, .NET, COBOL, etc

Michael McGrady
Thanks.  I googled Evans data without any appreciable success.  You
have something more specific?