Microprofile APIs

jlmonteiro
Hi again,

I have noticed that some MP implementations in Geronimo have APIs duplicated (JWT for instance) some other not (Config for instance).
I have quickly chatted with Romain, he told me that's because of the OSGI integration mainly.

Was wondering if instead of duplicating, we could maybe import and have kinda shade mecanism to make them OSGI ready.
We could also only override what we need to and get the rest from the Eclipse API jar.

I'm not a big fan of duplicating the code, just to change a tiny bit. It also makes upgrades harder because you have to do the diff and replicate the changes.

What do you think?

Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis

Re: Microprofile APIs