Minimal Server [was Re: Dummy GBean]

anita kulshreshtha
David,
    Thanks for the tip. I am attaching patches for
running Geronimo without EJB for review. I am using
the minimal server.

Thanks
Anita

--- David Jencks <[hidden email]> wrote:

> These already exist, but you can't use a generic
> one.
>
> You can simply leave out the ejb builder and the
> reference to if from
> the ear config builder
>
> Then add an UnavailableEjbReferenceBuilder gbean and
> use references to
> it where an EJBReferenceBuilder is needed.
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On May 12, 2005, at 6:53 AM, anita kulshreshtha
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >    Is there an equivalent of a Dummy gbaen - A
> Gbean
> > that acts as a place holder for the missing
> > components/containers? It could be used to build
> > Geronimo configuration without EJB (without
> ......!).
> > All the plans (j2ee-deployer, runtime-deployer)
> that
> > refer to *EJB* gbeans can have a reference to
> this.
> > This will allow us to have comment out sections
> for
> > component/no-component option. More elegant
> solution
> > are welcome!
> >
> > Thanks
> > Anita

> > Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam
> protection around
> > http://mail.yahoo.com

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/mobile.html
     The minimal server has the following configurations -
org/apache/geronimo/DeployerSystem
org/apache/geronimo/J2EEDeployer
org/apache/geronimo/System
org/apache/geronimo/Server
org/apache/geronimo/RuntimeDeployer
org/apache/geronimo/ClientSystem
     To run the minimal server -
1. Delete SystemDatabase, SystemJMS configurations from modules/assembly/src/var/config/config.list. This step should be automated.
2. Comment/Uncomment EJB/noEJB sections in the followings plans -
   - j2ee-server-plan.xml
   - j2ee-deployer-plan.xml
   - j2ee-runtime-deployer-plan.xml
3. Set geronimo.assemble.minimal=true in modules/assembly/project.properties.
4. Build using maven -o.
5. Start the server by java -jar bin\server.jar org/apache/geronimo/RuntimeDeployer.
6. Deploy DebugConsole (.war) using java -jar bin\deployer.jar deploy applications\jmxdebug\target\geronimo-jmxdebug-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war
7. Point the browser to http:\\localhost:8080 to see it running!
   Checkout EJBBuilder gbean.

j2ee-deployer-plan.patch (5K) Download Attachment
j2ee-runtime-deployer-plan.patch (5K) Download Attachment
j2ee-server-plan.patch (3K) Download Attachment
UnavailableEJBReferenceBuilder.patch (6K) Download Attachment