Missing sources to geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec-1.0.1

Missing sources to geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec-1.0.1

Martti Söderlund
hi,

I'm working in packaging a web application using activemq and face a problem in getting the components reviewed against our open source policies for release. With activemq comes a dependency to geronimo-jta-1.0.1B_spec-1.0.1, for which I'm unable to locate the sources. Activemq seems to point to geronimo 1.0 so an update there would not help.

So far I've checked the mailing lists, forums, issue tracker and subversion with no luck. Please share any pointers on:

* Whether the other versions of jta 1.0.1B_spec are exactly the same so I could use say 1.1.1 instead of 1.0.1?
* Where the sources of geronimo-jta-1.0.1B_spec-1.0.1 can be found

I'm guessing as the jta is a specification it would be possible to just replace this dependency with a compatible, but I'd rather first just find out if the sources can be found.

br,
Martti Söderlund

Re: Missing sources to geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec-1.0.1

kevan
Administrator

On Aug 17, 2012, at 3:43 AM, <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi,
>
> I'm working in packaging a web application using activemq and face a problem in getting the components reviewed against our open source policies for release. With activemq comes a dependency to geronimo-jta-1.0.1B_spec-1.0.1, for which I'm unable to locate the sources. Activemq seems to point to geronimo 1.0 so an update there would not help.
>
> So far I've checked the mailing lists, forums, issue tracker and subversion with no luck. Please share any pointers on:
>
> * Whether the other versions of jta 1.0.1B_spec are exactly the same so I could use say 1.1.1 instead of 1.0.1?
> * Where the sources of geronimo-jta-1.0.1B_spec-1.0.1 can be found
>
> I'm guessing as the jta is a specification it would be possible to just replace this dependency with a compatible, but I'd rather first just find out if the sources can be found.

Hi Marrti,
You had me digging a little bit.

geronimo-jta-1.0.1B_spec-1.0.1 was released as part of specs-1.1. You'll find the source here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/tags/1_1/geronimo-spec-jta/

Our specs versioning process was a mess at the time. The version number of the JTA spec release is contained within the root pom.xml here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/tags/1_1/pom.xml

At the time, we voted on all specs at once, but each individual spec could have a unique version number.

--kevan

Re: Missing sources to geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec-1.0.1

Martti Söderlund
thank you,

I've got the sources now. I guess did not not make the connection to find the specs release..

br,
Martti