Mp opentracing?

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi guys

Anyone started to have a look to opentracing spec? Im using brave ATM and would be interested to move to a G/MP flavor if not too limited in its current spec.

If noone looked, anyone against a geronimo-opentracing repo we can play with?

Re: Mp opentracing?

Reinhard Sandtner-2
hey,

took a very quick look to the spec…
sounds very interesting - maybe something i could use in my $$-project

+1 for a new repo to play a little bit with it ;)

lg
reini

> Am 13.05.2018 um 16:05 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi guys
>
> Anyone started to have a look to opentracing spec? Im using brave ATM and would be interested to move to a G/MP flavor if not too limited in its current spec.
>
> If noone looked, anyone against a geronimo-opentracing repo we can play with?

Re: Mp opentracing?

Mark Struberg
+1 have done similar things since 2005 in my projects. Just with a standard ServletFilter ;)

So happy to help.

> Am 14.05.2018 um 10:03 schrieb Reinhard Sandtner <[hidden email]>:
>
> hey,
>
> took a very quick look to the spec…
> sounds very interesting - maybe something i could use in my $$-project
>
> +1 for a new repo to play a little bit with it ;)
>
> lg
> reini
>
>> Am 13.05.2018 um 16:05 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> Anyone started to have a look to opentracing spec? Im using brave ATM and would be interested to move to a G/MP flavor if not too limited in its current spec.
>>
>> If noone looked, anyone against a geronimo-opentracing repo we can play with?

Re: Mp opentracing?

Romain Manni-Bucau
Yep

If we can do as for jwt auth it sounds sanner. If somebody can request the repo (im still offline for 1 day ;)) ill try to start hacking something end of the week.

Le lun. 14 mai 2018 09:30, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> a écrit :
+1 have done similar things since 2005 in my projects. Just with a standard ServletFilter ;)

So happy to help.

> Am 14.05.2018 um 10:03 schrieb Reinhard Sandtner <[hidden email]>:
>
> hey,
>
> took a very quick look to the spec…
> sounds very interesting - maybe something i could use in my $$-project
>
> +1 for a new repo to play a little bit with it ;)
>
> lg
> reini
>
>> Am 13.05.2018 um 16:05 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi guys
>>
>> Anyone started to have a look to opentracing spec? Im using brave ATM and would be interested to move to a G/MP flavor if not too limited in its current spec.
>>
>> If noone looked, anyone against a geronimo-opentracing repo we can play with?

Re: Mp opentracing?

Romain Manni-Bucau
requested the repo: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=geronimo-opentracing.git

Have fun ;)

BTW, do we want to include opentracing in the repo as well - I think so since mp spec does pretty much nothing otherwise.
My idea was to start by firing a CDI even with the thing to log and if no observer we just log it in a particular logger, otherwise we let the observer handle it the way the app wants. This way we don't need a particular SPI and we can integrate with logging, kafka or any other specific backend quite easily.

Wdyt?