OpenAPI update

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi guys,

Before being a bit less available (no worries, let summarize it as a mix of few days off and higher workload), I'd like to share the current status of our Microprofile OpenAPI impl. A basic structure of the project with TCK setup was pushed. The TCK status is the following one (surefire):

[ERROR] Tests run: 188, Failures: 50, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0

In terms of work there are three main tracks area to enhance/impl:

1. Enhance schema handling, I did a very rough implementation but it doesn't fit yet the spec
2. Enhance/Impl reference handling. The API surprisingly used a lot of ref=string and this is not really coded today
3. Handle mp config: the spec has some config and we currently habndle only part of it

Don't hesitate to ping me or give some try to implement the remaining tests if you can/want.

Side note: technically the TckRunner is just a test class you can use to run any TCK by changing its parent by the TCK you want to run. I found it easier than hacking a xml file or using a command line.

Re: OpenAPI update

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi guys,

found a few hours this evening to hack on the remaining TCK and current status is:

I'm sure this is not perfect (external doc support is likely - understand I didnt review all the poential usages)  - only partial, automatic schema "guess" logic will likely never work for real apps - this is the spec but doesnt mean we cant make it smooth for users ;), and filtering is likely partial too) but I think it makes a first milestone for us.

What about releasing a 1.0.0 like that since we pass TCK and then we can iterate from somewhere.

Le mar. 3 juil. 2018 à 15:38, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> a écrit :
[...]

Mark Struberg
Wow, incredible what you manage to push in 'a few hours' ;)

> Am 08.07.2018 um 20:28 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> found a few hours this evening to hack on the remaining TCK and current status is:

> I'm sure this is not perfect (external doc support is likely - understand I didnt review all the poential usages)  - only partial, automatic schema "guess" logic will likely never work for real apps - this is the spec but doesnt mean we cant make it smooth for users ;), and filtering is likely partial too) but I think it makes a first milestone for us.
>
> What about releasing a 1.0.0 like that since we pass TCK and then we can iterate from somewhere.
>
> Romain Manni-Bucau
> @rmannibucau |  Blog | Old Blog | Github | LinkedIn | Book
>

> Le mar. 3 juil. 2018 à 15:38, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> Hi guys,
>
> Before being a bit less available (no worries, let summarize it as a mix of few days off and higher workload), I'd like to share the current status of our Microprofile OpenAPI impl. A basic structure of the project with TCK setup was pushed. The TCK status is the following one (surefire):
>
> [ERROR] Tests run: 188, Failures: 50, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
>
> In terms of work there are three main tracks area to enhance/impl:
>
> 1. Enhance schema handling, I did a very rough implementation but it doesn't fit yet the spec
> 2. Enhance/Impl reference handling. The API surprisingly used a lot of ref=string and this is not really coded today
> 3. Handle mp config: the spec has some config and we currently habndle only part of it
>
> Don't hesitate to ping me or give some try to implement the remaining tests if you can/want.
>
> Side note: technically the TckRunner is just a test class you can use to run any TCK by changing its parent by the TCK you want to run. I found it easier than hacking a xml file or using a command line.
>
> Romain Manni-Bucau
> @rmannibucau |  Blog | Old Blog | Github | LinkedIn | Book

Re: OpenAPI update

Raymond Auge
Cool, I will take a look as soon as I can to see how it plays into the OSGi JAX-RS whiteboard.

Great work!

+1 on just going for a 1.0.0

- Ray

--
Raymond Augé (@rotty3000)
Senior Software Architect Liferay, Inc. (@Liferay)
Board Member & EEG Co-Chair, OSGi Alliance (@OSGiAlliance)

Re: OpenAPI update

Jean-Baptiste Onofré

cool !!!

Nice job.

FYI, I will see the possible interaction with Karaf Vineyard (new
subproject in preparation).

Thanks !
Regards
JB

On 03/07/2018 15:38, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Before being a bit less available (no worries, let summarize it as a mix
> of few days off and higher workload), I'd like to share the current
> status of our Microprofile OpenAPI impl. A basic structure of the
> project with TCK setup was pushed. The TCK status is the following one
> (surefire):
>
> [ERROR] Tests run: 188, Failures: 50, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
>
> In terms of work there are three main tracks area to enhance/impl:
>
> 1. Enhance schema handling, I did a very rough implementation but it
> doesn't fit yet the spec
> 2. Enhance/Impl reference handling. The API surprisingly used a lot of
> ref=string and this is not really coded today
> 3. Handle mp config: the spec has some config and we currently habndle
> only part of it
>
> Don't hesitate to ping me or give some try to implement the remaining
> tests if you can/want.
>
> Side note: technically the TckRunner is just a test class you can use to
> run any TCK by changing its parent by the TCK you want to run. I found
> it easier than hacking a xml file or using a command line.
>
> Romain Manni-Bucau
> <https://rmannibucau.metawerx.net/> | Old Blog
> <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github
> <https://github.com/rmannibucau> | LinkedIn