[PROPOSAL] - website

Francois Papon
Hi,

I would like to make a proposal about the Geronimo website
(https://geronimo.apache.org).

I think the actual website can be simplified because as the Geronimo
application server is no longer under maintenance, the main goal of the
Geronimo project is to provider multiple sub-projects like:

- JavaEE/JakartaEE specifications

- XBean

- Microprofile implementation

- Arthur

- BatchEE

(may be more?)

All the subproject can provide their own documentation website and we
could only have a one page for https://geronimo.apache.org to show a
presentation of all sub-projects.

We could keep the old site for archives and add a link reference on the
new one.

I started a proposal for a simple one page static site here:

https://openobject.fr/apache-geronimo/

Thoughts?

regards,

--
François

Re: [PROPOSAL] - website

David Jencks-3
+1000!

Thank you for taking the initiative here.

Would it be appropriate to mention in the footer that the app server is not maintained?

David Jencks

> On May 8, 2020, at 2:38 PM, Francois Papon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to make a proposal about the Geronimo website
> (https://geronimo.apache.org).
>
> I think the actual website can be simplified because as the Geronimo
> application server is no longer under maintenance, the main goal of the
> Geronimo project is to provider multiple sub-projects like:
>
> - JavaEE/JakartaEE specifications
>
> - XBean
>
> - Microprofile implementation
>
> - Arthur
>
> - BatchEE
>
> (may be more?)
>
> All the subproject can provide their own documentation website and we
> could only have a one page for https://geronimo.apache.org to show a
> presentation of all sub-projects.
>
> We could keep the old site for archives and add a link reference on the
> new one.
>
> I started a proposal for a simple one page static site here:
>
> https://openobject.fr/apache-geronimo/
>
> Thoughts?
>
> regards,
>
> --
> François

Re: [PROPOSAL] - website

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
It sounds good !

Regards
JB

> Le 8 mai 2020 à 23:38, Francois Papon <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to make a proposal about the Geronimo website
> (https://geronimo.apache.org).
>
> I think the actual website can be simplified because as the Geronimo
> application server is no longer under maintenance, the main goal of the
> Geronimo project is to provider multiple sub-projects like:
>
> - JavaEE/JakartaEE specifications
>
> - XBean
>
> - Microprofile implementation
>
> - Arthur
>
> - BatchEE
>
> (may be more?)
>
> All the subproject can provide their own documentation website and we
> could only have a one page for https://geronimo.apache.org to show a
> presentation of all sub-projects.
>
> We could keep the old site for archives and add a link reference on the
> new one.
>
> I started a proposal for a simple one page static site here:
>
> https://openobject.fr/apache-geronimo/
>
> Thoughts?
>
> regards,
>
> --
> François

Re: [PROPOSAL] - website

Romain Manni-Bucau
Looks awesome and is clearly needed, thanks for launching that.

Think David's proposal to still mention the server makes sense too.

Le sam. 9 mai 2020 à 06:13, Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]> a écrit :
It sounds good !

Regards
JB

> Le 8 mai 2020 à 23:38, Francois Papon <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to make a proposal about the Geronimo website
> (https://geronimo.apache.org).
>
> I think the actual website can be simplified because as the Geronimo
> application server is no longer under maintenance, the main goal of the
> Geronimo project is to provider multiple sub-projects like:
>
> - JavaEE/JakartaEE specifications
>
> - XBean
>
> - Microprofile implementation
>
> - Arthur
>
> - BatchEE
>
> (may be more?)
>
> All the subproject can provide their own documentation website and we
> could only have a one page for https://geronimo.apache.org to show a
> presentation of all sub-projects.
>
> We could keep the old site for archives and add a link reference on the
> new one.
>
> I started a proposal for a simple one page static site here:
>
> https://openobject.fr/apache-geronimo/
>
> Thoughts?
>
> regards,
>
> --
> François

Re: [PROPOSAL] - website

Francois Papon

Hi,

Thanks for the feedbacks!

Agree with David's proposal, I will add a section about that.

regards,

François
[hidden email]
Le 09/05/2020 à 09:00, Romain Manni-Bucau a écrit :
Looks awesome and is clearly needed, thanks for launching that.

Think David's proposal to still mention the server makes sense too.

Le sam. 9 mai 2020 à 06:13, Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]> a écrit :
It sounds good !

Regards
JB

> Le 8 mai 2020 à 23:38, Francois Papon <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to make a proposal about the Geronimo website
> (https://geronimo.apache.org).
>
> I think the actual website can be simplified because as the Geronimo
> application server is no longer under maintenance, the main goal of the
> Geronimo project is to provider multiple sub-projects like:
>
> - JavaEE/JakartaEE specifications
>
> - XBean
>
> - Microprofile implementation
>
> - Arthur
>
> - BatchEE
>
> (may be more?)
>
> All the subproject can provide their own documentation website and we
> could only have a one page for https://geronimo.apache.org to show a
> presentation of all sub-projects.
>
> We could keep the old site for archives and add a link reference on the
> new one.
>
> I started a proposal for a simple one page static site here:
>
> https://openobject.fr/apache-geronimo/
>
> Thoughts?
>
> regards,
>
> --
> François

Re: [PROPOSAL] - website

Francois Papon

Hi,

I added a section with a disclaimer, let me know ;)

regards,

François
[hidden email]
Le 09/05/2020 à 09:14, Francois Papon a écrit :

Hi,

Thanks for the feedbacks!

Agree with David's proposal, I will add a section about that.

regards,

François
[hidden email]
Le 09/05/2020 à 09:00, Romain Manni-Bucau a écrit :
Looks awesome and is clearly needed, thanks for launching that.

Think David's proposal to still mention the server makes sense too.

Le sam. 9 mai 2020 à 06:13, Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]> a écrit :
It sounds good !

Regards
JB

> Le 8 mai 2020 à 23:38, Francois Papon <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to make a proposal about the Geronimo website
> (https://geronimo.apache.org).
>
> I think the actual website can be simplified because as the Geronimo
> application server is no longer under maintenance, the main goal of the
> Geronimo project is to provider multiple sub-projects like:
>
> - JavaEE/JakartaEE specifications
>
> - XBean
>
> - Microprofile implementation
>
> - Arthur
>
> - BatchEE
>
> (may be more?)
>
> All the subproject can provide their own documentation website and we
> could only have a one page for https://geronimo.apache.org to show a
> presentation of all sub-projects.
>
> We could keep the old site for archives and add a link reference on the
> new one.
>
> I started a proposal for a simple one page static site here:
>
> https://openobject.fr/apache-geronimo/
>
> Thoughts?
>
> regards,
>
> --
> François

Re: [PROPOSAL] - website

Romain Manni-Bucau
Looks good,
Two small details: guess the manifest.json should be filtered or dropped and the encoding issue is due to the server?

Le sam. 9 mai 2020 à 09:57, Francois Papon <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi,

I added a section with a disclaimer, let me know ;)

regards,

François
[hidden email]
Le 09/05/2020 à 09:14, Francois Papon a écrit :

Hi,

Thanks for the feedbacks!

Agree with David's proposal, I will add a section about that.

regards,

François
[hidden email]
Le 09/05/2020 à 09:00, Romain Manni-Bucau a écrit :
Looks awesome and is clearly needed, thanks for launching that.

Think David's proposal to still mention the server makes sense too.

Le sam. 9 mai 2020 à 06:13, Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]> a écrit :
It sounds good !

Regards
JB

> Le 8 mai 2020 à 23:38, Francois Papon <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to make a proposal about the Geronimo website
> (https://geronimo.apache.org).
>
> I think the actual website can be simplified because as the Geronimo
> application server is no longer under maintenance, the main goal of the
> Geronimo project is to provider multiple sub-projects like:
>
> - JavaEE/JakartaEE specifications
>
> - XBean
>
> - Microprofile implementation
>
> - Arthur
>
> - BatchEE
>
> (may be more?)
>
> All the subproject can provide their own documentation website and we
> could only have a one page for https://geronimo.apache.org to show a
> presentation of all sub-projects.
>
> We could keep the old site for archives and add a link reference on the
> new one.
>
> I started a proposal for a simple one page static site here:
>
> https://openobject.fr/apache-geronimo/
>
> Thoughts?
>
> regards,
>
> --
> François

Re: [PROPOSAL] - website

Francois Papon

Hi Romain,

I dropped the manifest.json.

About the encoding issue, I can't see it, can you provide some info?

In the html, the encoding is define to utf-8.

regards,

François
[hidden email]
Le 09/05/2020 à 10:08, Romain Manni-Bucau a écrit :
Looks good,
Two small details: guess the manifest.json should be filtered or dropped and the encoding issue is due to the server?

Le sam. 9 mai 2020 à 09:57, Francois Papon <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi,

I added a section with a disclaimer, let me know ;)

regards,

François
[hidden email]
Le 09/05/2020 à 09:14, Francois Papon a écrit :

Hi,

Thanks for the feedbacks!

Agree with David's proposal, I will add a section about that.

regards,

François
[hidden email]
Le 09/05/2020 à 09:00, Romain Manni-Bucau a écrit :
Looks awesome and is clearly needed, thanks for launching that.

Think David's proposal to still mention the server makes sense too.

Le sam. 9 mai 2020 à 06:13, Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]> a écrit :
It sounds good !

Regards
JB

> Le 8 mai 2020 à 23:38, Francois Papon <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to make a proposal about the Geronimo website
> (https://geronimo.apache.org).
>
> I think the actual website can be simplified because as the Geronimo
> application server is no longer under maintenance, the main goal of the
> Geronimo project is to provider multiple sub-projects like:
>
> - JavaEE/JakartaEE specifications
>
> - XBean
>
> - Microprofile implementation
>
> - Arthur
>
> - BatchEE
>
> (may be more?)
>
> All the subproject can provide their own documentation website and we
> could only have a one page for https://geronimo.apache.org to show a
> presentation of all sub-projects.
>
> We could keep the old site for archives and add a link reference on the
> new one.
>
> I started a proposal for a simple one page static site here:
>
> https://openobject.fr/apache-geronimo/
>
> Thoughts?
>
> regards,
>
> --
> François

Re: [PROPOSAL] - website

Romain Manni-Bucau
image.png for example.

But long story short the page is in utf8 (and properly setup as such) but the server sets the charset through content-type as iso8859-1 (not sure we would get it @asf). text/html; charset=iso-8859-1-
content-type:
text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
content-type:
text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

Le sam. 9 mai 2020 à 14:31, Francois Papon <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi Romain,

I dropped the manifest.json.

About the encoding issue, I can't see it, can you provide some info?

In the html, the encoding is define to utf-8.

regards,

François
[hidden email]
Le 09/05/2020 à 10:08, Romain Manni-Bucau a écrit :
Looks good,
Two small details: guess the manifest.json should be filtered or dropped and the encoding issue is due to the server?

Le sam. 9 mai 2020 à 09:57, Francois Papon <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi,

I added a section with a disclaimer, let me know ;)

regards,

François
[hidden email]
Le 09/05/2020 à 09:14, Francois Papon a écrit :

Hi,

Thanks for the feedbacks!

Agree with David's proposal, I will add a section about that.

regards,

François
[hidden email]
Le 09/05/2020 à 09:00, Romain Manni-Bucau a écrit :
Looks awesome and is clearly needed, thanks for launching that.

Think David's proposal to still mention the server makes sense too.

Le sam. 9 mai 2020 à 06:13, Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]> a écrit :
It sounds good !

Regards
JB

> Le 8 mai 2020 à 23:38, Francois Papon <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to make a proposal about the Geronimo website
> (https://geronimo.apache.org).
>
> I think the actual website can be simplified because as the Geronimo
> application server is no longer under maintenance, the main goal of the
> Geronimo project is to provider multiple sub-projects like:
>
> - JavaEE/JakartaEE specifications
>
> - XBean
>
> - Microprofile implementation
>
> - Arthur
>
> - BatchEE
>
> (may be more?)
>
> All the subproject can provide their own documentation website and we
> could only have a one page for https://geronimo.apache.org to show a
> presentation of all sub-projects.
>
> We could keep the old site for archives and add a link reference on the
> new one.
>
> I started a proposal for a simple one page static site here:
>
> https://openobject.fr/apache-geronimo/
>
> Thoughts?
>
> regards,
>
> --
> François

Re: [PROPOSAL] - website

Francois Papon

Ah yes, got it.

It's an online provider for my personal server so I don't have the right to change it but I don't think we will have the problem with the ASF server.

Btw, I saw that a github repo exist for geronimo-website but I'm not sure the content is used:

https://github.com/apache/geronimo-website

May be I can push a PR on it?

regards,

François
[hidden email]
Le 09/05/2020 à 15:15, Romain Manni-Bucau a écrit :
> [...]

> I would like to make a proposal about the Geronimo website
> (https://geronimo.apache.org).
>
> I think the actual website can be simplified because as the Geronimo
> application server is no longer under maintenance, the main goal of the
> Geronimo project is to provider multiple sub-projects like:
>
> - JavaEE/JakartaEE specifications
>
> - XBean
>
> - Microprofile implementation
>
> - Arthur
>
> - BatchEE
>
> (may be more?)
>
> All the subproject can provide their own documentation website and we
> could only have a one page for https://geronimo.apache.org to show a
> presentation of all sub-projects.
>
> We could keep the old site for archives and add a link reference on the
> new one.
>
> I started a proposal for a simple one page static site here:

Re: [PROPOSAL] - website

Romain Manni-Bucau
AFAIK we don't use that at all so feel free to create a branch dropping everything.

Le sam. 9 mai 2020 à 15:22, Francois Papon <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> [...]

> I would like to make a proposal about the Geronimo website
> (https://geronimo.apache.org).
>
> I think the actual website can be simplified because as the Geronimo
> application server is no longer under maintenance, the main goal of the
> Geronimo project is to provider multiple sub-projects like:
>
> - JavaEE/JakartaEE specifications
>
> - XBean
>
> - Microprofile implementation
>
> - Arthur
>
> - BatchEE
>
> (may be more?)
>
> All the subproject can provide their own documentation website and we
> could only have a one page for https://geronimo.apache.org to show a
> presentation of all sub-projects.
>
> We could keep the old site for archives and add a link reference on the
> new one.
>
> I started a proposal for a simple one page static site here:

Re: [PROPOSAL] - website

Francois Papon

Done:

https://github.com/apache/geronimo-website/pull/1

regards,

François
[hidden email]
Le 09/05/2020 à 15:36, Romain Manni-Bucau a écrit :
> [...]

> I would like to make a proposal about the Geronimo website
> (https://geronimo.apache.org).
>
> I think the actual website can be simplified because as the Geronimo
> application server is no longer under maintenance, the main goal of the
> Geronimo project is to provider multiple sub-projects like:
>
> - JavaEE/JakartaEE specifications
>
> - XBean
>
> - Microprofile implementation
>
> - Arthur
>
> - BatchEE
>
> (may be more?)
>
> All the subproject can provide their own documentation website and we
> could only have a one page for https://geronimo.apache.org to show a
> presentation of all sub-projects.
>
> We could keep the old site for archives and add a link reference on the
> new one.
>
> I started a proposal for a simple one page static site here:

Re: [PROPOSAL] - website

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
Thx. I gonna take a look.

Regards
JB

Le sam. 9 mai 2020 ? 21:19, Francois Papon <[hidden email]> a ?crit :

Done:

https://github.com/apache/geronimo-website/pull/1

regards,

Fran?ois
[hidden email]
Le 09/05/2020 ? 15:36, Romain Manni-Bucau a ?crit :
AFAIK we don't use that at all so feel free to create a branch dropping everything.

Le sam. 9 mai 2020 ? 15:22, Francois Papon <[hidden email]> a ?crit :

Ah yes, got it.

It's an online provider for my personal server so I don't have the right to change it but I don't think we will have the problem with the ASF server.

Btw, I saw that a github repo exist for geronimo-website but I'm not sure the content is used:

https://github.com/apache/geronimo-website

May be I can push a PR on it?

regards,

Fran?ois
[hidden email]
Le 09/05/2020 ? 15:15, Romain Manni-Bucau a ?crit :
image.png for example.

But long story short the page is in utf8 (and properly setup as such) but the server sets the charset through content-type as iso8859-1 (not sure we would get it @asf). text/html; charset=iso-8859-1-
content-type:
text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
content-type:
text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

Le sam. 9 mai 2020 ? 14:31, Francois Papon <[hidden email]> a ?crit :

Hi Romain,

I dropped the manifest.json.

About the encoding issue, I can't see it, can you provide some info?

In the html, the encoding is define to utf-8.

regards,

Fran?ois
[hidden email]
Le 09/05/2020 ? 10:08, Romain Manni-Bucau a ?crit :
Looks good,
Two small details: guess the manifest.json should be filtered or dropped and the encoding issue is due to the server?

Le sam. 9 mai 2020 ? 09:57, Francois Papon <[hidden email]> a ?crit :

Hi,

I added a section with a disclaimer, let me know ;)

regards,

Fran?ois
[hidden email]
Le 09/05/2020 ? 09:14, Francois Papon a ?crit :

Hi,

Thanks for the feedbacks!

Agree with David's proposal, I will add a section about that.

regards,

Fran?ois
[hidden email]
Le 09/05/2020 ? 09:00, Romain Manni-Bucau a ?crit :
Looks awesome and is clearly needed, thanks for launching that.

Think David's proposal to still mention the server makes sense too.

Le sam. 9 mai 2020 ? 06:13, Jean-Baptiste Onofre <[hidden email]> a ?crit :
It sounds good !

Regards
JB

> Le 8 mai 2020 ? 23:38, Francois Papon <[hidden email]> a ?crit :
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to make a proposal about the Geronimo website
> (https://geronimo.apache.org).
>
> I think the actual website can be simplified because as the Geronimo
> application server is no longer under maintenance, the main goal of the
> Geronimo project is to provider multiple sub-projects like:
>
> - JavaEE/JakartaEE specifications
>
> - XBean
>
> - Microprofile implementation
>
> - Arthur
>
> - BatchEE
>
> (may be more?)
>
> All the subproject can provide their own documentation website and we
> could only have a one page for https://geronimo.apache.org to show a
> presentation of all sub-projects.
>
> We could keep the old site for archives and add a link reference on the
> new one.
>
> I started a proposal for a simple one page static site here:
>
> https://openobject.fr/apache-geronimo/
>
> Thoughts?
>
> regards,
>
> --
> Fran?ois

Re: [PROPOSAL] - website

Romain Manni-Bucau
Can anyone review it before we merge, would be great to have some other pmc feedback

Le dim. 10 mai 2020 à 09:06, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> [...]

> I would like to make a proposal about the Geronimo website
> (https://geronimo.apache.org).
>
> I think the actual website can be simplified because as the Geronimo
> application server is no longer under maintenance, the main goal of the
> Geronimo project is to provider multiple sub-projects like:
>
> - JavaEE/JakartaEE specifications
>
> - XBean
>
> - Microprofile implementation
>
> - Arthur
>
> - BatchEE
>
> (may be more?)
>
> All the subproject can provide their own documentation website and we
> could only have a one page for https://geronimo.apache.org to show a
> presentation of all sub-projects.
>
> We could keep the old site for archives and add a link reference on the
> new one.
>
> I started a proposal for a simple one page static site here:

Re: [PROPOSAL] - website

Romain Manni-Bucau
Anyone against merging it? (will wait 2 more days then if there is no objection I assume everyone is ok since it makes > 10 days without any blocker reported)

Le dim. 10 mai 2020 à 09:20, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> [...]

> I would like to make a proposal about the Geronimo website
> (https://geronimo.apache.org).
>
> I think the actual website can be simplified because as the Geronimo
> application server is no longer under maintenance, the main goal of the
> Geronimo project is to provider multiple sub-projects like:
>
> - JavaEE/JakartaEE specifications
>
> - XBean
>
> - Microprofile implementation
>
> - Arthur
>
> - BatchEE
>
> (may be more?)
>
> All the subproject can provide their own documentation website and we
> could only have a one page for https://geronimo.apache.org to show a
> presentation of all sub-projects.
>
> We could keep the old site for archives and add a link reference on the
> new one.
>
> I started a proposal for a simple one page static site here:

Re: [PROPOSAL] - website

Francois Papon

Thanks Romain,

Let me know ;)

regards,

François
[hidden email]
Le 20/05/2020 à 08:43, Romain Manni-Bucau a écrit :
> [...]

> I would like to make a proposal about the Geronimo website
> (https://geronimo.apache.org).
>
> I think the actual website can be simplified because as the Geronimo
> application server is no longer under maintenance, the main goal of the
> Geronimo project is to provider multiple sub-projects like:
>
> - JavaEE/JakartaEE specifications
>
> - XBean
>
> - Microprofile implementation
>
> - Arthur
>
> - BatchEE
>
> (may be more?)
>
> All the subproject can provide their own documentation website and we
> could only have a one page for https://geronimo.apache.org to show a
> presentation of all sub-projects.
>
> We could keep the old site for archives and add a link reference on the
> new one.
>
> I started a proposal for a simple one page static site here:

Re: [PROPOSAL] - website

Raymond Auge
+1

Nice job!

- Ray

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 2:46 AM Francois Papon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

> I would like to make a proposal about the Geronimo website
> (https://geronimo.apache.org).
>
> I think the actual website can be simplified because as the Geronimo
> application server is no longer under maintenance, the main goal of the
> Geronimo project is to provider multiple sub-projects like:
>
> - JavaEE/JakartaEE specifications
>
> - XBean
>
> - Microprofile implementation
>
> - Arthur
>
> - BatchEE
>
> (may be more?)
>
> All the subproject can provide their own documentation website and we
> could only have a one page for https://geronimo.apache.org to show a
> presentation of all sub-projects.
>
> We could keep the old site for archives and add a link reference on the
> new one.
>
> I started a proposal for a simple one page static site here:

Raymond Augé (@rotty3000)
Senior Software Architect Liferay, Inc. (@Liferay)

Re: [PROPOSAL] - website

Romain Manni-Bucau