Problem starting SPECjAppServer 2004 on Geronimo (Active MQ question?)

Problem starting SPECjAppServer 2004 on Geronimo (Active MQ question?)

Matt Hogstrom
I'm attempting to get SPECJAppserver running on Geronimo and have worked through my deployment problems.  thanks to Gianny for fixing an OpenEJB deploy problem for me.    By way of introduction, I worked on SPECj2004 at SPEC and am kicking the tires on Geronimo with this benchmark.  Yup, I work for IBM.

The plan does deploy now but fails when starting the MDBs.  I have included an editied set of the stack trace with the messages.  the whole stack trace is attached.

EJBModule=orders.jar,
EntityBean,name=OrderEnt' started
EntityBean,name=POLineEnt' started
EntityBean,name=WorkOrderEnt' started
EntityBean,name=SComponentEnt' started
EntityBean,name=SupplierCompEnt' started

10:06:20,097 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now in the FAILED state:
EJBModule=mfg.jar
JCAActivationSpec,name=ReceiveMDB"
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.activemq.ra.ActiveMQActivationSpec
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:375)
        at org.apache.geronimo.connector.ActivationSpecWrapper.<init>(ActivationSpecWrapper.java:72)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:80)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:44)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:315)
        at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:806)
[snip]

EJBModule=mfg.jar
StatelessSessionBean,name=LargeOrderSes' started
StatelessSessionBean,name=CorpAuditSes' started

EJBModule=orders.jar
EntityBean,name=OrderLineEnt' started
10:06:20,347 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now in the FAILED state:
EJBModule=orders.jar,
JCAActivationSpec,name=FulfillOrderMDB"
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.activemq.ra.ActiveMQActivationSpec
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:375)
        at org.apache.geronimo.connector.ActivationSpecWrapper.<init>(ActivationSpecWrapper.java:72)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:80)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:44)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:315)
        at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:806)
[snip]

EJBModule=mfg.jar
StatelessSessionBean,name=MfgAuditSes' started
EJBModule=supplier.jar
EntityBean,name=POEnt' started
EntityBean,name=SupplierEnt' started
EJBModule=mfg.jar
EntityBean,name=LargeOrderEnt' started
EntityBean,name=InventoryEnt' started
EJBModule=supplier.jar
StatelessSessionBean,name=SupplierAuditSes' started
EJBModule=orders.jar
StatelessSessionBean,name=OrderSes' started
EJBModule=mfg.jar
EntityBean,name=PartEnt' started
EJBModule=orders.jar
StatefulSessionBean,name=ItemBrowserSes' started
EJBModule=corp.jar
StatelessSessionBean,name=CustomerSes' started
EntityBean,name=CustomerEnt' started
EntityBean,name=CustomerInventoryEnt' started
EJBModule=util.jar
StatelessSessionBean,name=SequenceSes' started
EJBModule=mfg.jar
EntityBean,name=AssemblyEnt' started
EJBModule=orders.jar
StatelessSessionBean,name=OrderAuditSes' started
EJBModule=util.jar
EntityBean,name=SequenceEnt' started
EJBModule=supplier.jar
StatelessSessionBean,name=ReceiverSes' started
EJBModule=mfg.jar
EntityBean,name=ComponentEnt' started
10:06:23,141 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now in the FAILED state: EJBModule=supplier.jar
JCAActivationSpec,name=BuyerMDB"
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.activemq.ra.ActiveMQActivationSpec
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:375)
        at org.apache.geronimo.connector.ActivationSpecWrapper.<init>(ActivationSpecWrapper.java:72)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:80)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:44)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:315)
        at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:806)
[snip]

EJBModule=mfg.jar
StatelessSessionBean,name=WorkOrderSes' started
EntityBean,name=BomEnt' started
10:06:24,082 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now in the FAILED state:
EJBModule=mfg.jar
JCAActivationSpec,name=LargeOrderMDB"
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.activemq.ra.ActiveMQActivationSpec
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:375)
        at org.apache.geronimo.connector.ActivationSpecWrapper.<init>(ActivationSpecWrapper.java:72)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:80)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:44)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:315)
        at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:806)
[snip]

EJBModule=orders.jar
EntityBean,name=ItemEnt' started

BackGrnd.jpg (1K) Download Attachment
biguglystacktrace.txt (25K) Download Attachment

Re: Problem starting SPECjAppServer 2004 on Geronimo (Active MQ question?)

David Jencks-2
Hi Matt,

What is the parentID in the plan you are using for SPECjApp?  I think
it should be org/apache/geronimo/SystemJMS to get the activemq classes
in the classpath for the mdbs so the activation spec class can be
loaded.

I eagerly await your results :-)

On May 25, 2005, at 8:14 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> [...]
> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
>         at
> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructor
> AccessorImpl.java:80)
>         at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingCon
> structorAccessorImpl.java:44)
>         at
> java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:315)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanIns
> tance.java:806)
> [snip]
>
> EJBModule=orders.jar
> EntityBean,name=ItemEnt' started
>

> <image.tiff><IMSTP.gif><BackGrnd.jpg><biguglystacktrace.txt>

Re: Problem starting SPECjAppServer 2004 on Geronimo (Active MQ question?)

Hi Dave,

A couple of things.  First, my post that all was well is incorrect.  Turns
out that services didn't start after the restart as I expected so my e-mail
was premature.  I think there is a bug there.  Is the right process to open
up a JIRA bug for that ?

Back to the original problem.  I was using org/apache/geronimo/Server.  I
updated my deployment plan to use org/apache/geronimo/SystemJMS  instead and
received an Invalid ParentId instead.

Thoughts?