Re: Unable to deploy EAR.

Jacek Laskowski-5
Krishnakumar B wrote:
> hi,
>
> i am trying to deploy EARs but i get the following error. I am using
> latest daily build.

I've just built Geronimo and been able to deploy an EAR without that
error. "I'm using latest daily build" means that you built it yourself
today or that you downloaded the latest unstable version from
http://geronimo.apache.org?

> I am unable to figure out what is wrong. I am trying out samples
> magicGBall, PetStore, BigPetStore etc. for all i get the same error
> when deploying EAR.

BigPetStore - what is this? What version of PetStore do you work with?

Reply-to set to the user mailing list. Please send your questions to the
user ml.

> Krish

Jacek

Re: Unable to deploy EAR.

Krish-2
Hi,

I have built geronimo from source using maven.

BigPetStore or ReallyBigPet is an example available in developerWorks.

I have not modified any of the files just using these as it is.

Regards
Kris

On 7/7/05, Jacek Laskowski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Krishnakumar B wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > i am trying to deploy EARs but i get the following error. I am using
> > latest daily build.
>
> I've just built Geronimo and been able to deploy an EAR without that
> error. "I'm using latest daily build" means that you built it yourself
> today or that you downloaded the latest unstable version from
> http://geronimo.apache.org?
>
> > I am unable to figure out what is wrong. I am trying out samples
> > magicGBall, PetStore, BigPetStore etc. for all i get the same error
> > when deploying EAR.
>
> BigPetStore - what is this? What version of PetStore do you work with?
>
> Reply-to set to the user mailing list. Please send your questions to the
> user ml.
>
> > Krish
>
> Jacek

Re: Unable to deploy EAR.

Jacek Laskowski-5
Krishnakumar B wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have built geronimo from source using maven.

How did you do that? I'm asking because as already said I've done it
twice and don't see the error. It seems that your OpenEJB jars are
outdated, which leads to the question about the build procedure you
followed.

> BigPetStore or ReallyBigPet is an example available in developerWorks.
> I have not modified any of the files just using these as it is.

I don't think you will be able to deploy the apps without their
configuration.

> Kris

Jacek

Re: Unable to deploy EAR.

mos-2
Hi Chris,

please note:
There is a bug in the current OpenEJB sources which inhibits the
deployment of CMP EJBs.
I reported it two days ago. See:

If you build your geronimo from the up-to-date source code this may be
the problem.

Greetings
mos

On 7/7/05, Jacek Laskowski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Krishnakumar B wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have built geronimo from source using maven.
>
> How did you do that? I'm asking because as already said I've done it
> twice and don't see the error. It seems that your OpenEJB jars are
> outdated, which leads to the question about the build procedure you
> followed.
>
> > BigPetStore or ReallyBigPet is an example available in developerWorks.
> > I have not modified any of the files just using these as it is.
>
> I don't think you will be able to deploy the apps without their
> configuration.
>
> > Kris
>
> Jacek

Re: Unable to deploy EAR.

ammulder
        It may be worth looking in the server log if the deploy fails
(var/log/geronimo.log) to see if there was a specific error (like the one
referred to in the bug below) reported in the log.

        Also, you might report the contents of var/config/config.list in
case the deployer service is not running.

        Please make sure to say which version you're using for any stack
trace or config files you post.

Thanks,
        Aaron