Release plan for Geronimo 3 + Jetty assembly

Release plan for Geronimo 3 + Jetty assembly

Bevon
Hi,
I was wondering
a)  if there were plans to release a Geronimo 3 w/Jetty assembly and
b)  if so, what the expected release date would be?

I'd be fine with it being non-Java/Web-Profile-certified.
Cheers!

Re: Release plan for Geronimo 3 + Jetty assembly

Bevon
Hi,
Recently noticed some chatter around Geronimo 3.0.1.  Was wondering if a Jetty assembly would be part of the release?  Or, if not, what plans there might about around a Jetty assembly in the future?
Cheers!

Re: Release plan for Geronimo 3 + Jetty assembly

kevan
Administrator

On Apr 12, 2013, at 8:26 PM, Bevon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Recently noticed some chatter around Geronimo 3.0.1.  Was wondering if a
> Jetty assembly would be part of the release?  Or, if not, what plans there
> might about around a Jetty assembly in the future?

There would be a some amount of effort required to get a Jetty-based server to pass the TCK. There hasn't been any recent activity from the committer community to work on the TCK for Jetty-based servers. Beyond the TCK, would be the question of if there's sufficient interest in the committer community to support (i.e. fix problems) for Jetty-based servers.

So, at this point, I don't think that a Jetty assembly will be released any time soon. That said, if there are people interested in helping with this effort -- they'd be most welcome…

I haven't tried to build the Jetty assemblies, for a while. Have you tried this? If there are people interested in working on this, we can have a discussion on what things need to be done…

--kevan