Release specs as a separate distro from M4

Release specs as a separate distro from M4

Jeremy Boynes
I would like to propose we release the stuff in specs as a separate
module that can be used by M4 and future releases.

We know these modules are compliant and signature correct so there
should be no need for any modifications until JEE5 is released. We can
lock these now and make them available for other projects to use.

Jeremy

Re: Release specs as a separate distro from M4

Dain Sundstrom
+1

My only concern is JavaMail since AFAIK it is mostly implementation
and may need bug fixes or new features until we reach 1.0.

Before we make the final spec releases, maybe we should all pick one
or two spec modules to review for obvious issues. I'll take qname
since it only has one class ;)

-dain

On Jul 8, 2005, at 9:38 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> I would like to propose we release the stuff in specs as a separate
> module that can be used by M4 and future releases.
>
> We know these modules are compliant and signature correct so there
> should be no need for any modifications until JEE5 is released. We
> can lock these now and make them available for other projects to use.
>
> --
> Jeremy

Re: Release specs as a separate distro from M4

Alan Cabrera-2
Jeremy Boynes wrote, On 7/8/2005 9:38 AM:

> I would like to propose we release the stuff in specs as a separate
> module that can be used by M4 and future releases.
>
> We know these modules are compliant and signature correct so there
> should be no need for any modifications until JEE5 is released. We can
> lock these now and make them available for other projects to use.

+1

Regards,
Alan

Re: Release specs as a separate distro from M4

Geir Magnusson Jr.
I like this idea...

Once we get past this release, can we consider trying to jumpstart an
"Apache Java Specs" project?  Right now, there are spec impls all
over the ASF, including duplication, and it would be nice to have in
one place where we can slough off the work ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H
collaborate.

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr                                  +1-203-665-6437

Re: Release specs as a separate distro from M4

There's at least one open bug against the jacc module

I recall a rumor that Jeff was working on this.  Is the rumor true?

On Jul 8, 2005, at 9:38 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> I would like to propose we release the stuff in specs as a separate
> module that can be used by M4 and future releases.
>
> We know these modules are compliant and signature correct so there
> should be no need for any modifications until JEE5 is released. We can
> lock these now and make them available for other projects to use.
>
> --
> Jeremy

Re: Release specs as a separate distro from M4

DWoods2
+1

-Donald

--- "Geir Magnusson Jr." <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I like this idea...
>
> Once we get past this release, can we consider
> trying to jumpstart an
> "Apache Java Specs" project?  Right now, there are
> spec impls all
> over the ASF, including duplication, and it would be
> nice to have in
> one place where we can slough off the work
> ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H
> collaborate.
>
> geir
>
> On Jul 8, 2005, at 12:38 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
>
> > I would like to propose we release the stuff in
> specs as a separate
> > module that can be used by M4 and future releases.
> >
> > We know these modules are compliant and signature
> correct so there
> > should be no need for any modifications until JEE5
> is released. We
> > can lock these now and make them available for
> other projects to use.
> >
> > --
> > Jeremy
> >

> --
> Geir Magnusson Jr
> +1-203-665-6437

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Release specs as a separate distro from M4

sissonj
Jeremy Boynes <[hidden email]> wrote on 09/07/2005 02:38:28 AM:

> I would like to propose we release the stuff in specs as a separate
> module that can be used by M4 and future releases.
>
> We know these modules are compliant and signature correct so there
> should be no need for any modifications until JEE5 is released. We can
> lock these now and make them available for other projects to use.
>
> --
> Jeremy

+1

John

Re: Release specs as a separate distro from M4

Now that I've fixed this bug I'm +1 for releasing the specs separately,
although I think it should be clear that they may contain bugs we need
to continue to find and fix.

david jencks

On Jul 8, 2005, at 11:11 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> There's at least one open bug against the jacc module

> I recall a rumor that Jeff was working on this.  Is the rumor true?
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Jul 8, 2005, at 9:38 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
>
>> I would like to propose we release the stuff in specs as a separate
>> module that can be used by M4 and future releases.
>>
>> We know these modules are compliant and signature correct so there
>> should be no need for any modifications until JEE5 is released. We
>> can lock these now and make them available for other projects to use.
>>
>> --
>> Jeremy

Re: Release specs as a separate distro from M4

Jeff Genender
Yikes...DJ...sorry...you fixed it ;-)  I should have gotten to this a
while back.  Thanks for taking care of it.

Jeff