Spanish Documentation Avaible

Katia Aresti Gonzalez
Hello everybody!!!

I have finished my spanish documentation about Geronimo. I have included the following parts:

- Install and building from source
- Configuration of Database pool
- Configuration of JMS
- Configuration en Deploy of EJBs, all types JAR
- WAR applications
- EAR application
- Client Applications JAR

The documentation is about 100 pages, and i have done some code examplesas well. How coud I send the documentation so its avaible from Geronimo Web page? And somedoy could have a look. Thank you!!

Katia

Descubre la descarga digital segura. Medio mill?n de canciones en MSN Music.

Re: Spanish Documentation Avaible

Geir Magnusson Jr.

On May 14, 2005, at 7:21 AM, Katia Aresti Gonzalez wrote:

> Hello everybody!!!
>
> I have finished my spanish documentation about Geronimo. I have
> included the following parts:
>
> - Install and building from source
> - Configuration of Database pool
> - Configuration of JMS
> - Configuration en Deploy of EJBs, all types JAR
> - WAR applications
> - EAR application
> - Client Applications JAR
>
> The documentation is about 100 pages, and i have done some code
> examplesas well. How coud I send the documentation so its avaible
> from Geronimo Web page? And somedoy could have a look. Thank you!!

You wrote 100 pages of documentation for Geronimo, in Spanish?
That's great.  Now we have the strange situation of needing an
english translation.

The way to contribute...

Well, it's big - 100 pages.  I suppose that a software grant is the
right thing to do in this case.  I'll figure out if we need that, or
if you can just post to the JIRA.

Great!

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr                                  +1-203-665-6437

Re: Spanish Documentation Avaible

Katia Aresti Gonzalez

Hi again!!

My book is part translation of Aaron?s Book,and  other parts no, for exameple ejbs part.

Im just waiting to know where can i send the documentation. And the SoftWare examples as well but i need a little time more to send them. How can i give my documentation? just sending to your emails? its possible to put the documentation at Geronimo web page if you think that is usefull? That would be great!

Thank you

Katia

On May 18, 2005, at 12:30 PM, Katia Aresti Gonzalez wrote:

> Hi again!!
>
> My book is part translation of Aaron´s Book,and  other parts no,
> for exameple ejbs part.

We can't take a translation of Aaron's book unless he gives
permission. Aaron?

--
Geir Magnusson Jr                                  +1-203-665-6437

Re: Spanish Documentation Avaible

Katia Aresti Gonzalez

Hi!!

As i say some parts are translation, because there is no other way to explain the things xDD I mean parts about history, related proyects, and configuration. Other parts, most, are not a translation, but are similar to Aaron?s book, because as i say, there is no other way to explain some things. I will add Aaron?s name to the documentation, saying that some parts are translation. I dont expect to get nothing back for giving my documetation, because, as open soruce and colaboration way to work, i think that is just what i have to do. in the other side, i havent have any documentation apart from Aarons to be able to do my job, because the only "big" documentation is Aaron?s book, but for learrning how to do most things, i have learned with the irc, and the help of developers, and all their names will appear on the documentation.

And I think that spanish comunity need a documentation, because sometimes is very hard to learn to do things and its hard to read all in english. Sorry about my horrible english at this email.

Thank you very much!

Recibe ofertas de empleo adaptadas a tu perfil. Introduce tu CV en MSN Empleo.

Re: Spanish Documentation Avaible

Katia Aresti Gonzalez

Hi again!!!

Just want to explain a little bit more. My documentation is about Geronimo, and the only 2 documentation sources have been Aarons book and the wiki, and apart from that the IRC. Most things are not a translation, but as you can imagine are very similar because some things are done in the same way. For example, parts like the history and the theoric parts are a translation, obviusly, and other things are vert similar, as well as the book?s order,but his doesnt mean that is a Aaron book copy, because everything i have learned asking on the irc, and the wiki, and Aarons book has been helpfull to know how to distribute the chapters as well as to explain other things, just as an avaible biography used.

My idea is to contribute without taking anything back, just colaborate as an open source and be helpfull to spanish comunity. I want to say as well, that in my documentation there is a part where I say who are the people that have helped me as well as the biography. I just want to make my months job avaible for everybody, and the code examples as well. The best part I think its the EJBs part, that is really new, because there isnt documentation, in fact, there is no documentation in english(very very very........ few).

Just to finish, say that Aarons book is avaible and free, and in my documentation i say his name, i havent taken nothing for my pretty face, and just say as well, that somebody some day will have has to translate Geronimo documentation to other languages. Alll the documentation has its own source and biography, somebody has to be the first one wrinting, and the others translate and complete. ?isnt this the open source idea? everybody contributes for everybody?

I really hope that Aaron has no problem with this, he also sent me an email asking for a deployment file of CMP ejbs, and i had no problems sending my deployment descriptor for him. I just want to help :-), and spanish comunity is veeeeeeeery big and not everybody can read and understand things easyly in english.

Thank you very much.

Katia

>From: "Geir Magnusson Jr." <[hidden email]>
>To: [hidden email]
>CC: [hidden email]
>Subject: Re: Spanish Documentation Avaible
>Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 04:54:36 -0400
>

>On May 18, 2005, at 12:30 PM, Katia Aresti Gonzalez wrote:
>
>>Hi again!!
>>
>>My book is part translation of Aaron?s Book,and  other parts no,
>>for exameple ejbs part.
>
>We can't take a translation of Aaron's book unless he gives
>permission. Aaron?
>
>>Im just waiting to know where can i send the documentation. And the
>>  SoftWare examples as well but i need a little time more to send
>>them. How can i give my documentation? just sending to your emails?
>>  its possible to put the documentation at Geronimo web page if you
>>  think that is usefull? That would be great!
>>
>>Thank you
>>
>>Katia
>>

>> >From: "Geir Magnusson Jr." <[hidden email]>
>> >To: [hidden email]
>> >CC: [hidden email]
>> >Subject: Re: Spanish Documentation Avaible
>> >Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 11:00:33 -0400

>>avaible
>>you!!
>> >>

>> >You wrote 100 pages of documentation for Geronimo, in Spanish?
>> >That's great.  Now we have the strange situation of needing an
>> >english translation.
>> >
>> >The way to contribute...
>> >
>> >Well, it's big - 100 pages.  I suppose that a software grant is
>>the
>> >right thing to do in this case.  I'll figure out if we need that,
>>or
>> >  if you can just post to the JIRA.
>> >
>> >Great!
>> >
>> >geir

>>en
>> >
>> >--
>> >Geir Magnusson Jr
>>+1-203-665-6437
>> >[hidden email]
>> >

>>Descubre la descarga digital segura. Medio mill?n de canciones en
>>MSN Music.
>
>--
>Geir Magnusson Jr                                  +1-203-665-6437
>[hidden email]

Escapadas, fines de semana, vacaciones, reservas. Organiza y contrata tus viajes aqu?.

Re: Spanish Documentation Avaible

ammulder
On Thu, 19 May 2005, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> > Hi again!!
> >
> > My book is part translation of Aaron´s Book,and  other parts no,
> > for exameple ejbs part.
>
> We can't take a translation of Aaron's book unless he gives
> permission. Aaron?

        I'm going to reply to this off list since there are some pertinent
contract issues.  Generally speaking translations are possible, but
there's a process to go through.

Thanks,
        Aaron

Re: Spanish Documentation Avaible

Geir Magnusson Jr
Katia,

I think it's great that you wish to create documentation for the
Geronimo community, and I not only encourage you to do as much as you
can, but also will help in any way I can.

The problem here is that Aaron's work is a copyrighted work, and you
have to be careful about how you use any of the material.  Just
because it's available free of charge doesn't mean that you are free
to do what you wish with it.  We couldn't host at the ASF any work of
software or documentation that had any "cloud" over it.

I am sure that you'll work with Aaron and figure this out - again,
I'll do anything you need to help.

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr                                  +1-203-665-6437

Re: Spanish Documentation Avaible

Katia Aresti Gonzalez

Hi Geir,

Ive been speaking with Aaron to fix the problem. I understand the problem with the copyrigth, and I think that if the people Aaron works for have problems, then i will modify some things at my proyect and send just my part :-). Thank you for offering your help, I will tell you.

> [...]

>> >Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 04:54:36 -0400

>> >We can't take a translation of Aaron's book unless he gives
>> >permission. Aaron?

>>the
>>send
>>emails?
>>you

>>have

>>code

>>is
>>that,

>>canciones

>>en
>> >
>> >--
>> >Geir Magnusson Jr
>>+1-203-665-6437
>> >[hidden email]
>> >

>>Escapadas, fines de semana, vacaciones, reservas. Organiza y
>>contrata tus viajes aqu?.
>
>--
>Geir Magnusson Jr                                  +1-203-665-6437

Coches nuevos, coches de ocasi?n, coches de Km 0 Si piensas en cambiar de coche, MSN Motor.