Step through/Debug geronimo sources

Genc, Ömer

Hey there,

currently i am trying to debug the geronimo sources. Unfortunately I am having trouble to do so.

Here is what I would like to do:

I would like to step through the code of the initialization of the ActiveMQ module.

In fact, I would like to see the code, when the information from the configuration file $GERONIMO_HOME\repository\org\apache\geronimo\configs\activemq-broker-blueprint\3.0.1\activemq-broker-blueprint-3.0.1.car\OSGI-INF\blueprint\activemq.xml file is loaded and the information it contains are parsed.

Unfortunately I am not able to find a corresponding entry point for setting a breakpoint in the sources. Where would I need to set a breakpoint, when I would like to step through the loading of the module “org.apache.geronimo.configs/activemq-broker-blueprint/3.0.1/car”?

I am on Windows7 using Eclipse with a working GEP installation and Geronimo 3.0.1.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Cheers,

Ömer

Re: Step through/Debug geronimo sources

David Jencks
<base href="x-msg://509/">That's going to be hard to set up.  You would need Aries blueprint and xbean-blueprint.  When I was developing xbean-blueprint I found it rather hard to debug.

I'm not sure which aries blueprint binary jar is included in geronimo but I think you'll need either a source checkout or the individual source jars, I don't think there is a source jar for the all-in-one blueprint binary jar.

hope this points you in the right direction.

david jencks