Updated Wiki with Eclipse Deployment Information

Updated Wiki with Eclipse Deployment Information

Matt Hogstrom
Just a quick heads up.  I added a page to help users get Geronimo into
Eclipse for development.  The page isn't finished but thought I'd ask for
comments now.  The link is at
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/EclipseDeployment

There are some issues regarding building the projects that this page talks
about how to curcumvent.  Hopefully we'll remove that section soon.

The next thing to add is how to start a Geronimo server remotely and debug
using Eclipse.

Stay tuned.

Matt

Re: Updated Wiki with Eclipse Deployment Information

epdv-2

I just see an empty page.

Matt Hogstrom schrieb:

> Just a quick heads up.  I added a page to help users get Geronimo into
> Eclipse for development.  The page isn't finished but thought I'd ask
> for comments now.  The link is at
> http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/EclipseDeployment
>
> There are some issues regarding building the projects that this page
> talks about how to curcumvent.  Hopefully we'll remove that section soon.
>
> The next thing to add is how to start a Geronimo server remotely and
> debug using Eclipse.
>
> Stay tuned.
>
> Matt

Re: Updated Wiki with Eclipse Deployment Information

Rick McGuire
I appear to be getting empty pages for the entire wiki right now.

Rick

On 6/6/05, Peter Nabbefeld <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just see an empty page.
>

> Matt Hogstrom schrieb:
> > Just a quick heads up.  I added a page to help users get Geronimo into
> > Eclipse for development.  The page isn't finished but thought I'd ask
> > for comments now.  The link is at
> > http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/EclipseDeployment
> >
> > There are some issues regarding building the projects that this page
> > talks about how to curcumvent.  Hopefully we'll remove that section soon.
> >
> > The next thing to add is how to start a Geronimo server remotely and
> > debug using Eclipse.
> >
> > Stay tuned.
> >
> > Matt

Re: Updated Wiki with Eclipse Deployment Information

Jeremy Boynes
It is working for me (client is Firefox on Windows)
--
Jeremy

Rick McGuire wrote:

> I appear to be getting empty pages for the entire wiki right now.
>
> Rick
>
> On 6/6/05, Peter Nabbefeld <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>I just see an empty page.
>>

>>Matt Hogstrom schrieb:
>>
>>>Just a quick heads up.  I added a page to help users get Geronimo into
>>>Eclipse for development.  The page isn't finished but thought I'd ask
>>>for comments now.  The link is at
>>>http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/EclipseDeployment
>>>
>>>There are some issues regarding building the projects that this page
>>>talks about how to curcumvent.  Hopefully we'll remove that section soon.
>>>
>>>The next thing to add is how to start a Geronimo server remotely and
>>>debug using Eclipse.
>>>
>>>Stay tuned.
>>>
>>>Matt

Re: Updated Wiki with Eclipse Deployment Information

Rick McGuire
It's still failing for me on any Wiki page.  I've tried with both
Firefox and IE.  If I view source, this is all I'm receiving:

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

Rick McGuire wrote:
> It's still failing for me on any Wiki page.  I've tried with both
> Firefox and IE.  If I view source, this is all I'm receiving:

> <HTML><HEAD>
> <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
> <BODY></BODY></HTML>

Hmm, definititely working for me:
<head>

<title>EclipseDeployment - Geronimo Wiki</title>

<script type="text/javascript">

Re: Updated Wiki with Eclipse Deployment Information

Geir Magnusson Jr.
do a refresh?

I just refreshed and lost it.  Something's wacked.

geir

On Jun 6, 2005, at 7:37 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> Rick McGuire wrote:
>
>> It's still failing for me on any Wiki page.  I've tried with both
>> Firefox and IE.  If I view source, this is all I'm receiving:
>> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
>> <HTML><HEAD>
>> <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;
>> charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
>> <BODY></BODY></HTML>
>>

> Hmm, definititely working for me:
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://
> www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
> <head>
>

> <title>EclipseDeployment - Geronimo Wiki</title>
>
> <script type="text/javascript">

Geir Magnusson Jr                                  +1-203-665-6437

Problems w/ Wiki - being fixed Re: Updated Wiki with Eclipse Deployment Information

Geir Magnusson Jr.
There are some problems w/ the wiki.  People are randomly reporting
failures.

We're working on it.  Back to regularly scheduled discussions...

geir

On Jun 6, 2005, at 7:37 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> Rick McGuire wrote:
>
>> It's still failing for me on any Wiki page.  I've tried with both
>> Firefox and IE.  If I view source, this is all I'm receiving:
>> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
>> <HTML><HEAD>
>> <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;
>> charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
>> <BODY></BODY></HTML>
>>

> Hmm, definititely working for me:
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://
> www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
> <head>
>

> <title>EclipseDeployment - Geronimo Wiki</title>
>
> <script type="text/javascript">

Geir Magnusson Jr                                  +1-203-665-6437

Re: Problems w/ Wiki - being fixed Re: Updated Wiki with Eclipse Deployment Information

Geir Magnusson Jr.
Seems like it's back.  There was some mention of mod_cache changes...

On Jun 6, 2005, at 8:48 AM, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> There are some problems w/ the wiki.  People are randomly reporting
> failures.
>
> We're working on it.  Back to regularly scheduled discussions...
>
> geir
>
> On Jun 6, 2005, at 7:37 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
>

>> Rick McGuire wrote:
>>

>>> It's still failing for me on any Wiki page.  I've tried with both
>>> Firefox and IE.  If I view source, this is all I'm receiving:
>>> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
>>> <HTML><HEAD>
>>> <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;
>>> charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
>>> <BODY></BODY></HTML>
>>>

>> Hmm, definititely working for me:
>> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://
>> www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
>> <head>
>>

>> <title>EclipseDeployment - Geronimo Wiki</title>
>>
>> <script type="text/javascript">

> Geir Magnusson Jr                                  +1-203-665-6437

Geir Magnusson Jr                                  +1-203-665-6437

Re: Updated Wiki with Eclipse Deployment Information

rickmcguire
Matt,

I've been working my way through the eclipse directions, and I've hit a
bit of a roadblock.  I'm at the step where I need to remove the
hardcoded build path entries from the various *-builder projects.
Unfortunately, my version of eclipse 3.1 doesn't appear to have the
"Configure Build Path" menu item on the pop up menu.

Rick

Re: Updated Wiki with Eclipse Deployment Information

rickmcguire
I downloaded the most recent stable eclipse build, and the Configure
Build Path menu option is now available.  However, after I remove the
hard coded path, the only check box items under target in the Add Folder
dialog are class and test-classes.  There's no xmlbeans entry to check.
Are there some additional plug-ins that need to be installed for this to
work?

Rick McGuire wrote:

> Matt,
>
> I've been working my way through the eclipse directions, and I've hit
> a bit of a roadblock.  I'm at the step where I need to remove the
> hardcoded build path entries from the various *-builder projects.
> Unfortunately, my version of eclipse 3.1 doesn't appear to have the
> "Configure Build Path" menu item on the pop up menu.
>
> Rick

Re: Updated Wiki with Eclipse Deployment Information

David Jencks
The xmlbeans code is generated during the build (into target/xmlbeans),
and not every -builder module has any... so make sure you have built
geronimo before trying this, and pick a module (such as connector) that
does have generated xmlbeans code.

hope this helps
david jencks

On Jun 7, 2005, at 4:21 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:

> I downloaded the most recent stable eclipse build, and the Configure
> Build Path menu option is now available.  However, after I remove the
> hard coded path, the only check box items under target in the Add
> Folder dialog are class and test-classes.  There's no xmlbeans entry
> to check.  Are there some additional plug-ins that need to be
> installed for this to work?
>
> Rick McGuire wrote:
>
>> Matt,
>>
>> I've been working my way through the eclipse directions, and I've hit
>> a bit of a roadblock.  I'm at the step where I need to remove the
>> hardcoded build path entries from the various *-builder projects.
>> Unfortunately, my version of eclipse 3.1 doesn't appear to have the
>> "Configure Build Path" menu item on the pop up menu.
>>
>> Rick

Re: Updated Wiki with Eclipse Deployment Information

rickmcguire
Well, it certainly added to the confusion!  I believe I have
successfully built geronimo first.  I've been stepping through
everything on the EclipseDeployment page one step at a time.  Everything
has seemed to work ok so far, except for the "maven -o m:eclipse" step,
which gave me an error unless I left off the -o option.

However, none of the modules appear to have xmlbeans as a checkable item
(such as connector).

Rick

David Jencks wrote:

> The xmlbeans code is generated during the build (into
> target/xmlbeans), and not every -builder module has any... so make
> sure you have built geronimo before trying this, and pick a module
> (such as connector) that does have generated xmlbeans code.
>
> hope this helps
> david jencks
>
> On Jun 7, 2005, at 4:21 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:
>
>> I downloaded the most recent stable eclipse build, and the Configure
>> Build Path menu option is now available.  However, after I remove the
>> hard coded path, the only check box items under target in the Add
>> Folder dialog are class and test-classes.  There's no xmlbeans entry
>> to check.  Are there some additional plug-ins that need to be
>> installed for this to work?
>>
>> Rick McGuire wrote:
>>
>>> Matt,
>>>
>>> I've been working my way through the eclipse directions, and I've
>>> hit a bit of a roadblock.  I'm at the step where I need to remove
>>> the hardcoded build path entries from the various *-builder
>>> projects.  Unfortunately, my version of eclipse 3.1 doesn't appear
>>> to have the "Configure Build Path" menu item on the pop up menu.
>>>
>>> Rick

Re: Updated Wiki with Eclipse Deployment Information

David Jencks
easy to get confused...

1. can you check that e.g. modules/connector-builder/target/xmlbeans is
present and has source files in it.

2. Having built g. once, you should be able to run maven -o m:eclipse
with no problems -- you already have all the dependencies downloaded.
I wonder if you ran it first before building geronimo, so the xmlbeans
directories weren't present yet?  Try again and see what happens.

If you have irc installed hop on #geronimo at irc.freenode.net