[VOTE] Certification stability

David Blevins
We are having a lot of great discussion which should continue.  I do want to make sure we are getting somewhere, so let's all vote that we at least agree on one form of stability; certification.  Probably obvious, but one step toward inching our way to some form of agreement on stability.

VOTE: Certification status is our primary mark of stability at this time.

Note this is not the multiple choice variety we usually do. Just +1/+0/-0/-1 the statement above and give your $0.02 on negative votes.

-David

Re: [VOTE] Certification stability

Brian K. Wallace

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 04:49:59PM -0700, David Blevins wrote:
> We are having a lot of great discussion which should continue.  I do want to make sure we are getting somewhere, so let's all vote that we at least agree on one form of stability; certification.  Probably obvious, but one step toward inching our way to some form of agreement on stability.
>
> VOTE: Certification status is our primary mark of stability at this time.
>
> Note this is not the multiple choice variety we usually do. Just +1/+0/-0/-1 the statement above and give your $0.02 on negative votes.

Alright, I'm killing my own vote thread.  I agree with David J.  I don't know if its appropriate to kill a vote thread even if you started it, but I just want to get some work done.

-David

Re: [VOTE] Certification stability

Jeff Genender
+1 Cert first.

David Blevins wrote:
> We are having a lot of great discussion which should continue.  I do want to make sure we are getting somewhere, so let's all vote that we at least agree on one form of stability; certification.  Probably obvious, but one step toward inching our way to some form of agreement on stability.
>
> VOTE: Certification status is our primary mark of stability at this time.
>
> Note this is not the multiple choice variety we usually do. Just +1/+0/-0/-1 the statement above and give your $0.02 on negative votes.
>
> -David

Re: [VOTE] Certification stability

Geir Magnusson Jr.

On May 31, 2005, at 7:49 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> We are having a lot of great discussion which should continue.  I
> do want to make sure we are getting somewhere, so let's all vote
> that we at least agree on one form of stability; certification.
> Probably obvious, but one step toward inching our way to some form
> of agreement on stability.
>
> VOTE: Certification status is our primary mark of stability at this
> time.

That doesn't even make sense to me.

"Stability" refers to the rate and degree of change of the codebase,
not if it passes a test suite.

-1

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr                                  +1-203-665-6437

Re: [VOTE] Certification stability

Mohammad Nour El-Din
-1 satability is not much related with certification.