Quantcast

[VOTE] fold the various Geronimo subproject mailing lists to the main lists

[VOTE] fold the various Geronimo subproject mailing lists to the main lists

Mark Struberg
Hi!

We currently have quite a few lists which have very low traffic.

My findings are a result of browsing lists.a.o.

[hidden email] -> merge into [hidden email] We only had 2 messages in the whole last year!

[hidden email] -> move to [hidden email]

[hidden email] -> move to [hidden email]

[hidden email] -> move to [hidden email]

[hidden email] -> Last mail on Feb 2015. Traffic might to to [hidden email]; With Geronimo server getting discontinued we don't need the TCK over here anyway

[hidden email] -> close it; hmm is this still alive? Should all go to [hidden email];

[hidden email] -> close it;

[hidden email] -> close it;

[hidden email] -> full of spam! hell, this is a mess, we should drop it and use [hidden email] for handling security related things. wdyt?

---

As a result we would keep the following lists:

[hidden email] (might eventually get renamed to [hidden email] to fit other ASF projects, but that not urgent)

Any objections?

The VOTE is open for 72h, after that I'll trigger the infra work.

Here is my +1

txs and LieGrue,

Re: [VOTE] fold the various Geronimo subproject mailing lists to the main lists

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
+1

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] fold the various Geronimo subproject mailing lists to the main lists

Alan Cabrera-2

On Apr 21, 2017, at 6:24 AM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi!

We currently have quite a few lists which have very low traffic.

My findings are a result of browsing lists.a.o.

[hidden email] -> merge into [hidden email] We only had 2 messages in the whole last year!

I think it’s useful to have a dev/user lists.  The dearth of emails is due to the lack of activity, not over-organized email lists.

There’s already a ticket to remove these.

[hidden email] -> Last mail on Feb 2015. Traffic might to to [hidden email]; With Geronimo server getting discontinued we don't need the TCK over here anyway

This email list is for technical discussions concerning the state of TCK adherence of Geronimo.  Our TCK contract prohibits discussions of this kind from being public and only those developers that are “registered” may participate, i.e. it can’t be folded into the pmc list.  If there is any possibility of future TCK work, it needs to be kept around.

[hidden email] -> close it; hmm is this still alive? Should all go to [hidden email];

Hmm, we have both?  One is not the alias of the other?

[hidden email] -> close it;

There’s already a ticket to remove this.

[hidden email] -> close it;

Similar to [hidden email], If there is any possibility of future TCK work, it needs to be kept around.

[hidden email] -> full of spam! hell, this is a mess, we should drop it and use [hidden email] for handling security related things. wdyt?

As a result we would keep the following lists:

[hidden email] (might eventually get renamed to [hidden email] to fit other ASF projects, but that not urgent)

Any objections?

The VOTE is open for 72h, after that I'll trigger the infra work.

Here is my +1

With that said, I’m a +0.5 to remove those lists for which there is a ticket.

Regards,
Alan

Re: [VOTE] fold the various Geronimo subproject mailing lists to the main lists

Romain Manni-Bucau
+1, had a doubt on tck ones (same as Alan I guess) but think it was more a "can be usefull" than a "will be" so happy if it is dropped too.

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau |  Blog | Old BlogGithub | LinkedIn | JavaEE Factory

[...]

Hi Alan!

Thanks for the feedback!

ad user@
> I think it’s useful to have a dev/user lists.  The dearth of emails is due to the lack of activity, not over-organized email lists.

Yes, but does having 2 mails per year really justify having such a separate list? Especially when we move over from an 'enduser product' (Geronimo server) to developer targetting products?
There are many ASF projects which do not have a user@ but a dev list.
I have no hard feelings though, we can get rid of it later as well. Just wanted to trigger the discussion.

ad tck@ and servicemix-tck@
> This email list is for technical discussions concerning the state of TCK adherence of Geronimo.

Since we do not have any TCK anymore we probably also don't need it.
The last real traffic is from early 2014 and points to servers which are long time gone (phoebe).

EE 6 tests are run as part of TomEE anyway. The involved people have signed the necessary paperwork.
I'd say we should move on over here.

ad security@
> There shouldn’t be any spam on this list since it’s moderated.

Well, it's a private list, but it doesn't seem to be moderated. See yourself
https://lists.apache.org/list.html?security@...

txs and LieGrue,
strub

> Am 21.04.2017 um 15:36 schrieb Alan Cabrera <[hidden email]>:
>

>> On Apr 21, 2017, at 6:24 AM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> We currently have quite a few lists which have very low traffic.
>>
>> My findings are a result of browsing lists.a.o.
>>

>> [hidden email] -> merge into [hidden email] We only had 2 messages in the whole last year!
>

> I think it’s useful to have a dev/user lists.  The dearth of emails is due to the lack of activity, not over-organized email lists.
>
>> [hidden email] -> move to [hidden email]
>>
>> [hidden email] -> move to [hidden email]
>>
>> [hidden email] -> move to [hidden email]
>
> There’s already a ticket to remove these.
>
>> [hidden email] -> Last mail on Feb 2015. Traffic might to to [hidden email]; With Geronimo server getting discontinued we don't need the TCK over here anyway
>
> This email list is for technical discussions concerning the state of TCK adherence of Geronimo.  Our TCK contract prohibits discussions of this kind from being public and only those developers that are “registered” may participate, i.e. it can’t be folded into the pmc list.  If there is any possibility of future TCK work, it needs to be kept around.
>
>> [hidden email] -> close it; hmm is this still alive? Should all go to [hidden email];
>
> Hmm, we have both?  One is not the alias of the other?
>
>> [hidden email] -> close it;
>
> There’s already a ticket to remove this.
>
>> [hidden email] -> close it;
>
> Similar to [hidden email], If there is any possibility of future TCK work, it needs to be kept around.
>

>> [hidden email] -> full of spam! hell, this is a mess, we should drop it and use [hidden email] for handling security related things. wdyt?

>> As a result we would keep the following lists:
>>
>> [hidden email]
>> [hidden email]
>> [hidden email] (might eventually get renamed to [hidden email] to fit other ASF projects, but that not urgent)
>>

>> Any objections?
>>
>> The VOTE is open for 72h, after that I'll trigger the infra work.
>>
>> Here is my +1
>
> With that said, I’m a +0.5 to remove those lists for which there is a ticket.
>

> Regards,
> Alan

Re: [VOTE] fold the various Geronimo subproject mailing lists to the main lists

jlmonteiro
+1 too
Let's make Geronimo the common EE project as it's been discussed.

Le ven. 21 avr. 2017 à 07:25, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi Alan!

Thanks for the feedback!

ad user@
> [...]

> Similar to [hidden email], If there is any possibility of future TCK work, it needs to be kept around.
>

>> [hidden email] -> full of spam! hell, this is a mess, we should drop it and use [hidden email] for handling security related things. wdyt?

>> As a result we would keep the following lists:
>>
>> [hidden email]
>> [hidden email]
>> [hidden email] (might eventually get renamed to [hidden email] to fit other ASF projects, but that not urgent)
>>

>> Any objections?
>>
>> The VOTE is open for 72h, after that I'll trigger the infra work.
>>
>> Here is my +1
>
> With that said, I’m a +0.5 to remove those lists for which there is a ticket.
>

> Regards,
> Alan

Re: [VOTE] fold the various Geronimo subproject mailing lists to the main lists

Guillaume Nodet-5
+1

[...]

Guillaume Nodet

Re: [VOTE] fold the various Geronimo subproject mailing lists to the main lists

Hendrik Dev
+1

--
Hendrik Saly (salyh, hendrikdev22)