Who wants an M4 release?

David Blevins
...now that I have your attention :)   More importantly, who is willing to volunteer to test and give a "works" or "doesn't work" report?

Any volunteers?  Consider this the signup sheet.

-David

Re: Who wants an M4 release?

ammulder
        Well, neeedless to say, I volunteer.

Aaron

On Wed, 25 May 2005, David Blevins wrote:
> ...now that I have your attention :)  More importantly, who is willing
> to volunteer to test and give a "works" or "doesn't work" report?
>
> Any volunteers?  Consider this the signup sheet.
>
> -David

Re: Who wants an M4 release?

Bruce Snyder
On 5/26/05, David Blevins <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ...now that I have your attention :)   More importantly, who is willing to volunteer to test and give a "works" or "doesn't work" report?
>
> Any volunteers?  Consider this the signup sheet.

Not only will I volunteer to test it, but I'll also help you put it together.

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo
http://geronimo.apache.org/

Re: Who wants an M4 release?

jgenender
+1000.  Sign me up.

--
Jeff Genender
http://geronimo.apache.org

Re: Who wants an M4 release?

David Blevins
On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 11:31:40PM -0700, David Blevins wrote:
> ...now that I have your attention :)   More importantly, who is willing to volunteer to test and give a "works" or "doesn't work" report?
>
> Any volunteers?  Consider this the signup sheet.

We have three so far.  Gonna need at least three more people (a dozen would be great) or we'll end up with a broken release like M3.  We should be able to handle pretty much any J2EE app at this point.

Deploy an app, give a thumbs up or thumbs down.  Easy.

Any more volunteers?  You don't have to be a committer.

-David

Re: Who wants an M4 release?

caboteria
On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 12:36:53PM -0700, David Blevins wrote:
> Any more volunteers?  You don't have to be a committer.

I'll give it a shot.  The only j2ee thing that I know of that's broken
with the current head code is servlet load-on-startup (which probably
isn't a showstopper) but I can try to find other things.  Let me know
what you want me to poke.

Re: Who wants an M4 release?

David Blevins
On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 03:40:19PM -0400, toby cabot wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 12:36:53PM -0700, David Blevins wrote:
> > Any more volunteers?  You don't have to be a committer.
>
> I'll give it a shot.  The only j2ee thing that I know of that's broken
> with the current head code is servlet load-on-startup (which probably
> isn't a showstopper) but I can try to find other things.  Let me know
> what you want me to poke.

Everything is pokable at this point.  If you have an app or two laying around, try and deploy them and see if they run well enough.

If there is anything thing we find doesn't work, and isn't a showstopper, we can add a JIRA item and include it in the release notes as known issues.

-David

Re: Who wants an M4 release?

Panagiotis Astithas
David Blevins wrote:

> On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 11:31:40PM -0700, David Blevins wrote:
>
>>...now that I have your attention :)   More importantly, who is willing to volunteer to test and give a "works" or "doesn't work" report?
>>
>>Any volunteers?  Consider this the signup sheet.
>>

> We have three so far.  Gonna need at least three more people (a dozen would be great) or we'll end up with a broken release like M3.  We should be able to handle pretty much any J2EE app at this point.
>
> Deploy an app, give a thumbs up or thumbs down.  Easy.
>
> Any more volunteers?  You don't have to be a committer.

In that case, count me in.

--
Panagiotis Astithas
EBS, Electronic Business Systems Ltd.
Fax: +30 210 674 7601
http://www.ebs.gr

Re: Who wants an M4 release?

Thushantha Ravipriya de Alwis
Hi

I'm new to Geronimo. But these days I'm going through M3. But I will try
to do some work. Please let me know what I suppoed to do.

Thushantha De Alwis

> David Blevins wrote:
>> On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 11:31:40PM -0700, David Blevins wrote:
>>
>>>...now that I have your attention :)   More importantly, who is willing
>>> to volunteer to test and give a "works" or "doesn't work" report?
>>>
>>>Any volunteers?  Consider this the signup sheet.
>>>

>> We have three so far.  Gonna need at least three more people (a dozen
>> would be great) or we'll end up with a broken release like M3.  We
>> should be able to handle pretty much any J2EE app at this point.
>>
>> Deploy an app, give a thumbs up or thumbs down.  Easy.
>>
>> Any more volunteers?  You don't have to be a committer.
>
> In that case, count me in.
>
> --
> Panagiotis Astithas
> EBS, Electronic Business Systems Ltd.
> 18 Evgenidou Street, 115 25, Athens GREECE
> Phone: +30 210 674 7631
> Fax: +30 210 674 7601
> http://www.ebs.gr

Re: Who wants an M4 release?

sanjaya gayan
Is the M4 not available for download?

sanjaya.

Blevins wrote:

importantly, who is willing
"doesn't work" report?

> >> We have three so far.  Gonna need at least three
more people (a dozen
> >> would be great) or we'll end up with a broken
release like M3.  We
> >> should be able to handle pretty much any J2EE app
at this point.

> >> Deploy an app, give a thumbs up or thumbs down.
Easy.

> >> Any more volunteers?  You don't have to be a
committer.

> > In that case, count me in.
> >
> > --
> > Panagiotis Astithas
> > EBS, Electronic Business Systems Ltd.
> > 18 Evgenidou Street, 115 25, Athens GREECE
> > Phone: +30 210 674 7631
> > Fax: +30 210 674 7601
> > http://www.ebs.gr

Re: Who wants an M4 release?

Mujibur Rahman Shaik

I am intrested in doing some contribution to geronimo.
Best way to start is to test. Iam not an expert of
j2ee, but will do my best. Pls let me know the
expected .

Thanks
Rahman

--- Thushantha De Alwis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm new to Geronimo. But these days I'm going
> through M3. But I will try
> to do some work. Please let me know what I suppoed
> to do.
>
> Thushantha De Alwis
>
> > David Blevins wrote:

> importantly, who is willing
> "doesn't work" report?

> >> We have three so far.  Gonna need at least three
> more people (a dozen
> >> would be great) or we'll end up with a broken
> release like M3.  We
> >> should be able to handle pretty much any J2EE app
> at this point.
> >>
> >> Deploy an app, give a thumbs up or thumbs down.
> Easy.
> >>
> >> Any more volunteers?  You don't have to be a
> committer.
> >
> > In that case, count me in.
> >
> > --
> > Panagiotis Astithas
> > EBS, Electronic Business Systems Ltd.
> > 18 Evgenidou Street, 115 25, Athens GREECE
> > Phone: +30 210 674 7631
> > Fax: +30 210 674 7601
> > http://www.ebs.gr

Re: Who wants an M4 release?

Jeff Genender
The unstable release or the source code is the closest to M4...use that
for now.

Jeff

sanjaya gayan wrote:

> Is the M4 not available for download?
>
> sanjaya.

Re: Who wants an M4 release?

Thilina Gunarathne
Hi,
I can also give a hand on testing. Specially on the Spec side( Java mail, activation).
At the moment i'm using the Geronimo spec Java mail & Activation implementations to give the Attachment support for the Axis 2 project.
At the moment I  found out that Java Mail implementation has bug when it comes to creating mime message.

I would also like to contribute to Geronimo as time permits.

regards,

~ Thilina

sanjaya gayan wrote:

> Is the M4 not available for download?
>
> sanjaya.

-- Lanka Software Foundation --

"May the SourcE be with u"

Mail, was: Who wants an M4 release?

Jeremy Boynes
Thilina Gunarathne wrote:
> Hi,
> I can also give a hand on testing. Specially on the Spec side( Java mail,
> activation).
> At the moment i'm using the Geronimo spec Java mail & Activation
> implementations to give the Attachment support for the Axis 2 project.
> At the moment I found out that Java Mail implementation has bug when it
> comes to creating mime message.

Please open a Jira issue for this and assign it to me.

> I would also like to contribute to Geronimo as time permits.

Testing things out and logging bugs is a great way to get started.
Jeremy

Re: Who wants an M4 release?

Marcin Maciukiewicz
David Blevins wrote:
> [...]

Sign me. You can count on my support.
ciukes

Znajdz swoja milosc na wiosne... >>> http://link.interia.pl/f187a

Re: Who wants an M4 release?

Jacek Laskowski-5
David Blevins wrote:

> Everything is pokable at this point.  If you have an app or two laying around, try and deploy them and see if they run well enough.
>
> If there is anything thing we find doesn't work, and isn't a showstopper, we can add a JIRA item and include it in the release notes as known issues.

Count me in. With the recent VMware license purchase and its snapshot
capability, testing is not a problem anymore. Each run with a fresh,
clean environment is what I'd missed a lot. It's time to take some
VMware lessons by doing real work ;)

> -David

Jacek

Re: Who wants an M4 release?

Neal Sanche
David Blevins wrote:

>On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 11:31:40PM -0700, David Blevins wrote:
>

>>...now that I have your attention :)   More importantly, who is willing to volunteer to test and give a "works" or "doesn't work" report?
>>
>>Any volunteers?  Consider this the signup sheet.
>>

>We have three so far.  Gonna need at least three more people (a dozen would be great) or we'll end up with a broken release like M3.  We should be able to handle pretty much any J2EE app at this point.
>
>Deploy an app, give a thumbs up or thumbs down.  Easy.
>
>Any more volunteers?  You don't have to be a committer.
>

>-David

Is it too late for me to volunteer. I'm trying to get my head around
Geronimo very much these days and can usually code my way out of holes
and diagnose things. Let me know.

-Neal

Re: Who wants an M4 release?

David Blevins
On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 08:36:10PM -0600, Neal Sanche wrote:

> David Blevins wrote:
>
> >On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 11:31:40PM -0700, David Blevins wrote:
> >

> >>...now that I have your attention :)   More importantly, who is willing
> >>to volunteer to test and give a "works" or "doesn't work" report?
> >>
> >>Any volunteers?  Consider this the signup sheet.
> >>

> >We have three so far.  Gonna need at least three more people (a dozen
> >would be great) or we'll end up with a broken release like M3.  We should
> >be able to handle pretty much any J2EE app at this point.
> >
> >Deploy an app, give a thumbs up or thumbs down.  Easy.
> >
> >Any more volunteers?  You don't have to be a committer.
> >

> >-David
> >

> Is it too late for me to volunteer. I'm trying to get my head around
> Geronimo very much these days and can usually code my way out of holes
> and diagnose things. Let me know.

Never too late.  Thanks for volunteering!

I'll ping you when the testing process starts.

-David

Re: Who wants an M4 release?

Neal Sanche
David Blevins wrote:

>On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 08:36:10PM -0600, Neal Sanche wrote:
>

>>David Blevins wrote:

>>>We have three so far.  Gonna need at least three more people (a dozen
>>>would be great) or we'll end up with a broken release like M3.  We should
>>>be able to handle pretty much any J2EE app at this point.
>>>
>>>Deploy an app, give a thumbs up or thumbs down.  Easy.
>>>
>>>Any more volunteers?  You don't have to be a committer.
>>>

>>>-David
>>>

>>Is it too late for me to volunteer. I'm trying to get my head around
>>Geronimo very much these days and can usually code my way out of holes
>>and diagnose things. Let me know.
>>

>Never too late.  Thanks for volunteering!
>
>I'll ping you when the testing process starts.
>
>-David

Okay great. Standing by.

-Neal