[discussion]Time to release to Geronimo 2.2.2 ?

[discussion]Time to release to Geronimo 2.2.2 ?

Shawn J
We had some discussion with a user request [1], The initial thought from me is to include the security patches since G2.2.1 and pull in the recent openejb 3.1.5 clustering changes.

But it seems openejb 3.1.5 is not ready now, we have to hold until openejb is in a good shape.   In this period,  we at least can clean other things for G2.2.2,  I'd like to use this thread to hear the voice on what else we might want to put into Geronimo 2.2.2.

Shawn

Re: [discussion]Time to release to Geronimo 2.2.2 ?

David Jencks
I recently fixed some of my misinterpretations of the jaspic spec in 3.0, and these should be ported back to 2.2.x.

Shawn

Re: [discussion]Time to release to Geronimo 2.2.2 ?

Shawn J
Thanks, David !

Devs and Users, Any more inputs ?

Shawn

Re: [discussion]Time to release to Geronimo 2.2.2 ?

kevan
Administrator

On Jul 19, 2012, at 5:33 AM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

> Thanks, David !
>
> Devs and Users, Any more inputs ?

There was the patch submitted that upgraded a number of Geronimo dependencies. IIRC, that's never been applied. I assume the major dependencies have been upgraded to current service levels (e.g. Tomcat, OpenEJB).

The changes in the patch may be more than we'd want in a 2.2.x release. I'd like a discussion to make sure that's what we want to do...

--kevan

Re: [discussion]Time to release to Geronimo 2.2.2 ?

Shawn J
if you are talking about  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-6186

the patch there is to upgrade EJB to 3.1 and JPA to 2.0.   I don't know if it's allowed for a Java EE 5 application server.   IMHO, if the user wants EJB 3.1 and JPA 2.0 in G2.x,  he/she should provide a plugin for them instead of upgrading the default EJB 3.0 and JPA 1.0 in the server directly.

Shawn

Re: [discussion]Time to release to Geronimo 2.2.2 ?

Shawn J
Hi David,

I just took a look at the changes you made in  GERONIMO-6337 and GERONIMO-6338. for jaspic.   the changes are so huge so that It's very hard to merge it back to 2.2 without deep jspic knowledge.

Could you please port it back when you have time ?   I've added this item to G2.2.2 release plan[1].