Quantcast

fresh blood

Mark Struberg
or rather recycled blood ;)

I finally want to bring the Microprofile Config proposal back to where it belongs - the ASF!

I've proposed this code a year ago but didn't push further when it got trash talked and side pulled with mostly unrelated stuff.
So here it is again finally!

The sources are at https://github.com/struberg/javaConfig
All writen by me plus some polishing by Matt Benson and Romain (both ASF members).

New module in Geronimo?

This currently targets the microprofile-config API (which sadly now went to Eclipse after the 'friendly fire' last year).
https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-config

This will probably be the base for an upcoming Config JSR which it will target as well once it sees the light.

Wdyt?

LIeGrue,

Re: fresh blood

Romain Manni-Bucau
should we get a microprofile sub project? (like xbean)

+1 for it, -0 to have all microprofile linked project lost in there own branch

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau |  Blog | Old BlogGithub | LinkedIn | JavaEE Factory

[...]

I can also commit it to the sandbox for now. With SVN we can easily move it around anyway.

txs and LieGrue,
strub

> Am 21.04.2017 um 18:37 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>:
>
> should we get a microprofile sub project? (like xbean)
>
> +1 for it, -0 to have all microprofile linked project lost in there own branch
>

> Romain Manni-Bucau
> @rmannibucau |  Blog | Old Blog | Github | LinkedIn | JavaEE Factory

> or rather recycled blood ;)
>
> I finally want to bring the Microprofile Config proposal back to where it belongs - the ASF!
>
> I've proposed this code a year ago but didn't push further when it got trash talked and side pulled with mostly unrelated stuff.
> So here it is again finally!
>
> The sources are at https://github.com/struberg/javaConfig
> All writen by me plus some polishing by Matt Benson and Romain (both ASF members).
>
> New module in Geronimo?
>
> This currently targets the microprofile-config API (which sadly now went to Eclipse after the 'friendly fire' last year).
> https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-config
>
> This will probably be the base for an upcoming Config JSR which it will target as well once it sees the light.
>
> Wdyt?
>
> LIeGrue,
> strub

Re: fresh blood

Romain Manni-Bucau
sandbox or microprofile/ is the same until we release so guess we can avoid a move, just dont want microprofile-config, microprofile-oauth2, microprofile-fault-tolerance etc if it grows (and I think it will)

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau |  Blog | Old BlogGithub | LinkedIn | JavaEE Factory

I can also commit it to the sandbox for now. With SVN we can easily move it around anyway.

txs and LieGrue,
strub

> Am 21.04.2017 um 18:37 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>:
>
> should we get a microprofile sub project? (like xbean)
>
> +1 for it, -0 to have all microprofile linked project lost in there own branch
>

> Romain Manni-Bucau
> @rmannibucau |  Blog | Old Blog | Github | LinkedIn | JavaEE Factory

> or rather recycled blood ;)
>
> I finally want to bring the Microprofile Config proposal back to where it belongs - the ASF!
>
> I've proposed this code a year ago but didn't push further when it got trash talked and side pulled with mostly unrelated stuff.
> So here it is again finally!
>
> The sources are at https://github.com/struberg/javaConfig
> All writen by me plus some polishing by Matt Benson and Romain (both ASF members).
>
> New module in Geronimo?
>
> This currently targets the microprofile-config API (which sadly now went to Eclipse after the 'friendly fire' last year).
> https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-config
>
> This will probably be the base for an upcoming Config JSR which it will target as well once it sees the light.
>
> Wdyt?
>
> LIeGrue,
> strub

Re: fresh blood

David Jencks-3
I’d suggest it go in components next to the tx manager and jaspi.

david jencks

> On Apr 21, 2017, at 9:39 AM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I can also commit it to the sandbox for now. With SVN we can easily move it around anyway.
>
> txs and LieGrue,
> strub
>
>> Am 21.04.2017 um 18:37 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> should we get a microprofile sub project? (like xbean)
>>
>> +1 for it, -0 to have all microprofile linked project lost in there own branch
>>

>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>> @rmannibucau |  Blog | Old Blog | Github | LinkedIn | JavaEE Factory

>> or rather recycled blood ;)
>>
>> I finally want to bring the Microprofile Config proposal back to where it belongs - the ASF!
>>
>> I've proposed this code a year ago but didn't push further when it got trash talked and side pulled with mostly unrelated stuff.
>> So here it is again finally!
>>
>> The sources are at https://github.com/struberg/javaConfig
>> All writen by me plus some polishing by Matt Benson and Romain (both ASF members).
>>
>> New module in Geronimo?
>>
>> This currently targets the microprofile-config API (which sadly now went to Eclipse after the 'friendly fire' last year).
>> https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-config
>>
>> This will probably be the base for an upcoming Config JSR which it will target as well once it sees the light.
>>
>> Wdyt?
>>
>> LIeGrue,
>> strub

Re: fresh blood