geronimo non-clean shutdown problem

Yifan Zhang
Hi All,

I spent quite a bit time to get Geronimo working. Today we had a problem with one of the disk, and the server was rebooted. Geronimo wasn't shutdown cleanly before rebooting. Now I cannot start Geronimo and it is complaining about "Unable to clear Sun JarFileFactory cache". I tried to search online, and couldn't find any answer to it. Is there a way to clean the cache manually? My environment is:
Sun JVM 1.6.0_26
and geronimo 2.2.1

Thanks in advance.

Yifan

Re: geronimo non-clean shutdown problem

kevan
Administrator

On Jun 4, 2013, at 11:15 AM, Yifan Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I spent quite a bit time to get Geronimo working. Today we had a problem
> with one of the disk, and the server was rebooted. Geronimo wasn't shutdown
> cleanly before rebooting. Now I cannot start Geronimo and it is complaining
> about "Unable to clear Sun JarFileFactory cache". I tried to search online,
> and couldn't find any answer to it. Is there a way to clean the cache
> manually? My environment is:
> Sun JVM 1.6.0_26
> and geronimo 2.2.1

I'm all but certain that the "Unable to clear Sun JarFileFactory cache" is the source of your problem. Is there any other errors in your log/stdout/stderr?

--kevan

Ivan

Re: geronimo non-clean shutdown problem

Yifan Zhang
Okay. It is complicated now. I downloaded another Geronimo and ran it once. Removed this new Geronimo, and restarted the old one. Now old Geronimo is working okay. I don't have the log because I didn't keep it. Thanks for your reply though.