maven dependency error due to malformed geronimo specs pom

maven dependency error due to malformed geronimo specs pom

Sagar Khanna
Hello,

I’ve inherited this project that uses apache activemq-spring in one of the projects and the version that’s in use has a dependency on "org.apache.geronimo.specs:specs:pom:1.1”

When running "mvn clean install” on the project I get this exception:
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project <REDACTED>  Could not resolve dependencies for project <REDACTED>:<REDACTED>:war:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Failed to collect dependencies at org.apache.activemq:activemq-spring:jar:5.15.0 -> org.apache.activemq:activemq-pool:jar:5.15.0 -> org.apache.activemq:activemq-jms-pool:jar:5.15.0 -> org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec:jar:1.0.1: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-jta_1.0.1B_spec:jar:1.0.1: Could not find artifact org.apache.geronimo.specs:specs:pom:1.1 in <REDACTED>

However when I run maven with -X flag I get the underlying error: "Failed to read artifact descriptor”

When I try to download this file from my artifactory mirror of maven2 central then I get this error:
"Failed to transform pom file: Failed to read POM for 'org/apache/geronimo/specs/specs/1.1/specs-1.1.pom': expected START_TAG or END_TAG not TEXT (position: TEXT seen ...</developers>\\n `\\n <p... @91:7) ."

This led me to checking the file in maven2 central as per the link below and if you look at the file closely you’ll find that after the </developers> tag on line 90 there is a single quote which is the TEXT that artifactory is complaining about in the error message above so the XML is malformed.

This is the file in question:

I’m being told that we can’t easily upgrade to the a later version so wanted to ask here if its possible to fix this version or is upgrade the only option or am I missing something else here?

Thanks.