xbean release 4.8

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi guys,

we upgraded xbean asm shade to asm 6.1.1 and projects will want to
start integrating with it. Some mjar enhancements are in as well.

For these reasons I'd like to release xbean 4.8.

I know Mark had some potential enhancement for ClasspathArchive but
I'm not sure we want to get them in for this one since they can need
some more thoughts - or just change the way OWB uses it.

Anything else we want in before the release?

@Mark: what about the issue ^^? Anything to hack before the release?

If no objection I'll try to start the release tomorrow (before the
work week for me).

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau |  Blog | Old Blog | Github | LinkedIn | Book

Re: xbean release 4.8

Mark Struberg
Hi Romain!

We had some resourcebundle:// archive paths which xbean cannot yet handle.
What I did for now in OWB is to simply skip those entries before passing it to the xbean Archive.

So I'm fine for now.

> Am 14.04.2018 um 17:47 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> we upgraded xbean asm shade to asm 6.1.1 and projects will want to
> start integrating with it. Some mjar enhancements are in as well.
>
> For these reasons I'd like to release xbean 4.8.
>
> I know Mark had some potential enhancement for ClasspathArchive but
> I'm not sure we want to get them in for this one since they can need
> some more thoughts - or just change the way OWB uses it.
>
> Anything else we want in before the release?
>
> @Mark: what about the issue ^^? Anything to hack before the release?
>
> If no objection I'll try to start the release tomorrow (before the
> work week for me).
>
> Romain Manni-Bucau
> @rmannibucau |  Blog | Old Blog | Github | LinkedIn | Book

Re: xbean release 4.8

Romain Manni-Bucau
Ok, starting it then

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau |  Blog | Old Blog | Github | LinkedIn | Book

> Hi Romain!
>
> We had some resourcebundle:// archive paths which xbean cannot yet handle.
> What I did for now in OWB is to simply skip those entries before passing it to the xbean Archive.
>
> So I'm fine for now.
>
> LieGrue,
> strub
>

>> Am 14.04.2018 um 17:47 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> we upgraded xbean asm shade to asm 6.1.1 and projects will want to
>> start integrating with it. Some mjar enhancements are in as well.
>>
>> For these reasons I'd like to release xbean 4.8.
>>
>> I know Mark had some potential enhancement for ClasspathArchive but
>> I'm not sure we want to get them in for this one since they can need
>> some more thoughts - or just change the way OWB uses it.
>>
>> Anything else we want in before the release?
>>
>> @Mark: what about the issue ^^? Anything to hack before the release?
>>
>> If no objection I'll try to start the release tomorrow (before the
>> work week for me).
>>
>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>> @rmannibucau |  Blog | Old Blog | Github | LinkedIn | Book

Re: xbean release 4.8

Guillaume Nodet-5
I think there is a pending PR to open up the range on xbean-spring so that it can work with recent spring releases...
If you could hold a bit until it's merged in, that would be nice...

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Nodet